The smile reappeared, looking fake and forced. "No, thanks." Ruby turned to Hook, smiling uncertainly, the incident from last night still dangling between them.

"More coffee?"

Hook smiled in what he hoped was a reassuring way. "Thanks, I'm still working on this one," he said, holding up his cup. Ruby smiled back, more warmly this time.

"Okay. I'll come back around."

Hook turned his head to watch her go, smiling slightly. He didn't know Ruby very well yet. She seemed nice, if a bit talkative. Very pretty...not very bright. A sweet girl, he decided as he turned around, but tended to be—

"Christ!" He jumped at Belle's glare. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Ruby?" she hissed. "You're going out with Ruby?"

"I didn't say that," he said, looking down.

"Are you going out with her?" she pressed. Hook shrugged.

"Ish."

"Unbelievable," Belle scoffed, throwing her arms up.

"Now, wait," he said defensively as she started muttering things like, "I should have known!" and "that slut!". "You were the one who told me to move on and stop pining after Emma, I'm just taking your advice."

"Ruby?" Belle looked furious. "Really? Ruby? She's the biggest slut in town, including you."

Hook's eyes widened. "Oh, my God." He leaned forward, grinning. "Is she really?"

"Oh, you're disgusting," Belle scowled as he sat back, laughing.

"Yeah, I s'spose," he said, wiping a tear from his eye. "Can I ask—why do you hate her so much?"

"I don't want to go into it right now," she said darkly, picking up her burger. "We need to discuss dress-shopping."

"Why don't you take Tink or something?" Hook said exasperatedly. Belle choked on her burger as she started laughing. He raised an eyebrow. "You all right?"

"Yeah," she gasped, reaching for her glass. "It's nothing...just something Robin said. Go on about Tink?"

He frowned. "Why, what'd Robin say?"

"Nothing, nothing, pssh—" she flapped a hand, scoffing—"don't worry about it. So. We're going to dress-shopping, okay?"

"I don't want—"

"We're going dress-shopping," she said loudly. "This is a big deal for me, okay? I need you to have your game-face on. "

"My game-face?" Hook fixed her with a mock-stern look. "Belle, I assure you...there is nothing wrong with my face. Ask Ruby."

"Would you shut up?" Belle said witheringly. "If you're going to behave like this, I won't take you for ice cream after."

"I'm not a child, Belle. I can buy my own ice cream."

"Are you going to help me or not?" She looked at him seriously. Hook blinked; he hadn't realized she was taking this whole dress-thing to heart. And, damn it, she was working those sad blue eyes, wheedling him silently. You wouldn't deny me this tiny favor, would you? Look how cute and sweet I am. I'm like a teacup poodle that you just want to snuggle for the rest of your life, aren't I?

"Don't look at me like that. Belle, please don't look at me like that."

"I don't have a lot of friends."

"No, don't—"

"God knows I don't ask you for much..."

"I'm serious. I'm not going to—"