『 five: SUGAR, SPICE, & EVERYTHING NICE. 』

Start from the beginning

"Bella, it's your job to be in my beeswax," June assures and then slumps in her seat, thinking of a way to answer. "To be honest I don't even know; I just went over to his house and told him, Mikey, it's been a good run but I know now that I'm done. And he laughed because he was probably internally like what the fuck? Plus it was a good rhyme."

   "Only, you, June, would break up with someone in a rhyme." Bella said amused. "What else happened, before you told him?"

"He was just convenient to be with, as harsh as it sounds," June winced, tapping her knees that poked out from the purposeful rips in her jeans. "Older, cute and a football player — albeit not a good one — and me the cheery cheerleader. Convenient. It made sense in the atmosphere of where we were. I've know him forever, anyway. But being with him ... I realized that I didn't want to be with someone convenient for me."

Bella nodded thoughtfully, "I see."

"You must think I'm so superficial."

Her older sister shook her head, giving her a genuine look. "I'd think that, maybe, if you stayed with him. Because then you're leading him on for nothing; that wouldn't help either of you."

      June nods as well. "Sometimes you win and sometimes you win because you lose. You learn. I learned Mike Newton wasn't my prize, sadly for him. Poor guy thinks I'm some sorta ... I don't what he thinks I am."

"Can you blame him?" Bella winks at her, turning into the school parking lot. "You're June Swan, the one that got away."

   "Lucky for him." June hums.

"Seriously? June, dad even said Mike loves you—"

"I know I'm young and all," June says stiffly. "But I'm old enough to know what love is and whatever Mike feels for me, isn't it."

Bella pauses, "You're right. What do I know? The only thing I love is not falling on my ass on this icy ground Forks has."

June smiles at her older sister, "You'll get used to it. The falling, not the icy ground. That sucks even after walking on it for fifteen years."

As Bella parks, the engine shoots out black smoke from the muffler and the sisters share a knowing look. They'd get used to it; but even June could feel the stares already directed to who the new girl was and how did June Swan know her? Mostly everyone knew that the new girl was June's older sister but the others we're just wondering how June was able to make friends so quickly. Though it shouldn't surprise anyone, June could make friends with a tree. But those surrounding Tyler Crowley's van where mostly all of June's friends who stared at June's pretty older sister with interest, but even Bella's arrival and her newness couldn't keep Mike Newton's eyes off of the youngest Swan girl.

             Upon getting her schedule, June was infinitely pleased to know Bella and she shared Gym and English together, the rest were their own different  classed Bella had chosen, even her AP biology that June decided to drop for a free period so she could leave school earlier and get a free period — by any rate, it seemed June was going to graduate a junior, Sam's nickname for her really standing out in her mind, and maybe would get to walk the grad ceremony with her sister next year. June prided herself in doubling up her classes and really taking it to the next level. She never fit in with people her age anyway, they all thought her mentality too old for them ( and they looked at her weirdly when they heard she still watched Disney channel and any old Disney movies, so fuck them ) and so it was why she dated the likes of Mike Newton and hung with girls like Jessica Stanley and Angela Webber and her fellow cheerleaders including Carly Montgomery and Lucy Strauss.