Better luck next time hon!

Gwen was quick to drop Cassidy off at her tutors so that she could hurry, pretend to get lost, and then miraculously find her room. She wanted to check in with her team and truly explore her new rooms. Knowing she had 3 hours until she needed to retrieve the princess she quickly pretended to stumble around lost before she found the right wing and made her way to her room. When she reached to confines of her room she quickly spoke into her ear piece.

                “Team meeting in 5. That includes you and your advisors, Skye.” She said not caring if they were currently busy. She knew that there were other guards in the room with the princess and that Ryan was on break, Luke would find it easy to slip away from his duties and Max was most likely still in his personal room. She also knew from instinct that Skye was bored in his own offices and that his advisors were only really busy when he was.

                As she slipped into her specially made office she let her disguise drop knowing that only her team and Skye’s team would be capable of being in the magical space. She also changed out of her dress and into more comfortable clothes as she entered the hallway on the other side of her new office. She walked towards Max’s room knowing that she would not be able to pry him away from his shinny knew toys. Plus this way they could still keep an eye on the surveillance cameras.

                “Hello Max, Luke, Ryan.” She acknowledged as she breezed into the room and noticed they were already seated waiting for her.

                “Boss,” They all nodded in turn at her. She was about to tell them that they were just waiting on Skye and his men when the door opened and the four men walked in.

                “Hello, you must be Jake and Nick,” Gwen said turning to the two men she had yet to meet. They looked impressed that she knew who was who. “Now am I correct in assuming you have all been filled in on the situation?” Gwen asked looking the three men she barely knew in the eye. They all nodded to her and she could tell they were a quiet lot. These men were chosen for their wisdom and advice before all else, well maybe with the exception of Alex, he was mostly just a bodyguard and loved to show that off.

                Gwen quickly made introductions and explained each person’s job. Max protected the team and was in charge of warning in case of a problem. Luke was in charge of listening to the rumor mill. It was common knowledge that the maids of the palace knew everything and well, Luke ‘knew’ the maids. He was also an extra form of protection and could sneak about the palace without being noticed, nobody noticed the servants. Ryan was the obvious protection and Gwen was the hidden protection. Alex would be on call if an emergency happened, his big guns could come in handy. Nick was going to help strategize and would be helpful if anyone got hurt as it turned out that he had a special gift for healing and was very book smart. Jake would then help to make sure that any technical problems were dealt with, if someone got suspicious of the new comers or caused the team problems Jake was in charge of dealing with that since he seemed to have a kind of calmness about him and was good with conflict.

                After all the technical problems were dealt with Gwen made sure all the men knew that even with the additions to the team she was STILL the boss. The four new men were hesitant but eventually agreed and so Gwen ushered them off to the gym to practice before she needed to go back to retrieve the princess.

__ __ __

                “Yo Gwen! Spar with me? Pretty pretty please?” Luke asked her as he fought with a punching bag. Gwen laughed as she walked towards him and the other men in the room stopped their activities to hear her answer. Skye and his men had yet to see her in action and were curious to see how good she was.