Before I could jump at him, Alex grabbed my arm once again, holding me back. His breathing was shorter, making him sound nervous. The second the door shut, I yanked my arm out of Alex's grasp and turned to the girl who I didn't even have a title for anymore. How could she kiss him? She knew that I was coming to pick her up.

"What the fuck was that?" I shouted out of anger, walking up to the side of the bed Jordan was seated on. Her hair was still covering her face, but I had to know why. "What the hell were you doing?"

She sniffed, and I could tell she was crying. Her arm raised so she could wipe away the tears, but this didn't make me any less angry.

"Jesse, I don't think you should yell at her," Alex added and I turned to him with a look of anger on my face. He didn't look scared at all by my actions, but I didn't want him in here. Not now.

"Get out," I growled, narrowing my eyes. This was not a good time for him to be telling me what I should and shouldn't do. I wanted him to know that I needed to be alone with her. It was just so we could talk, but I'm sure he thought I might hurt her out of anger.

He shot a look toward Jordan before backing out of the room. He was probably going to listen in anyway, so it wasn't a big deal that I kicked him out, but I needed to be alone with her. Just to get some answers.

"Jordan, look at me," I demanded as I felt tears pricking at the back of my eyes. She was going to tell me exactly what happened whether she liked it or not.

She didn't listen to me. Her head stayed in the same position as she started crying softly. She was doing her best to hide it, but I could hear every breath she took.

"Jordan," I repeated, getting angrier by the second. My fists were clenching, and I felt like I had to hit something before I exploded. "Look at me."

Once again, she kept her eyes glued to the bed she was sitting on. I placed my hand under her chin, forcing her to look up at me. She still didn't look at my face, but I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Are you going to explain?"

Jordan shut her eyes, letting out a low, shaky breath. She didn't want to explain, that much I understood, but I had to know what happened. Did she want to kiss him? She couldn't be falling for him, could she? My face turned white at the thought.

"I'm so sorry," Jordan whimpered, opening her eyes, but continuing to avert my gaze. I needed her to look at me. "I'm so sorry... Pl-Please don't yell at me."

"Jordan, look at me," I said once more as my voice lowered. I didn't even try to cover up the pain I was feeling at that moment. The girl I loved, more than anything, just kissed someone who wanted me dead.

At this point, I wasn't sure if I would change anything that happened in the past few minutes. If I hadn't walked in on her, she probably wouldn't have told me. At least I know the truth, even if it's killing me on the inside.

Tears started forming in my eyes, making things start to go blurry, but it didn't stop me from putting both hands on the sides of her head and forcing her to look up at me. I tried blinking the tears away, but it didn't work as well as I hoped it would. Once Jordan's eyes finally locked with mine, her eyes widened and her mouth dropped.

"J-Jesse," Jordan stuttered, and I was at a loss for words myself. I finally got her to look at me, what was I supposed to do now?

"Why did you do that, Jordan?" I kept my hands on the sides of her face, looking at her in confusion and frustration. I couldn't even say the actual words, it hurt too much. "Why did you do that even though you knew I was on my way over here?"

"I-I-" She stuttered, trying to form words. All she had to tell me was the reason. I needed to hear the reason, even if it killed me. "I... I just-"

"There's no way you've fallen for Hunter or anything, right?" I asked, and I could feel myself start to shake. Even though I thought about this earlier, it hurt even more to say the words out loud. "Please tell me that that isn't what happened. You can't fall for him after what he's done to you! You can't fall for him after... after everything we've been through."

The tears were threatening to fall, making me shut my eyes so I could stop them. Jordan reached over, placing her hands on the sides of my face, just like I had to her. She wiped away a tear, pulling me toward her.

My face buried into her neck, and I could hear her sobbing into my hair. My eyes were dry now, but it didn't make the pain hurt any less.

"I'm so sorry," Jordan apologized once again. "Hunter came in here, a-and then Austin came back and I found out that they used to be best friends ever since they were little. I used to play with Hunter every day when I was a kid. My brother invited him to his wedding and told me a bunch of stories about when we were kids..."

"But what does that have to do with you kissing Hunter?" I asked, stopping her from ranting further. The words burned my tongue, but I had to know the reason. I pulled away from her, just so I could see her face.

"I didn't want him hurting Austin," Jordan bowed her head again, staring at her lap. "He said that if I kissed him for as long as he wanted, he wouldn't hurt him. It turns out he was just tricking me so I'd kiss him. He wasn't ever going to hurt or kill Austin."

I felt my anger rise again. "I'm going to kill that bastard," I pushed myself away from Jordan and stood up. "Even if it's the last thing I'll do, I'm going to be the one to put Hunter Drax in the ground."

I said those words with pride, even though I wasn't too sure I believed what I was saying myself.