espresso con panna

; a shot of espresso with a layer of whipped cream.
————

a week had been a tough week for them — taehyung and haeun. not seeing each other, not talking to each other and as it was getting closer to winter, weather had been so cold. but it couldn't win over their coldness in their heart.

a part of them wanting to rebel. just forget everything, shit world, it wasn't their world anymore without each other. but still,  they couldn't win over reality. not until they fought back.

taehyung was sitting alone, in le blue restaurant, which was own by both him and kim seokjin, his cousin.

his co-workers had known what was his problem. they wanted to help but neither of them knew haeun.

he was resting his face on his palms, looking at the single red rose, which one of its petals had fallen. he threw a deep breath. 

i miss her, he thought.

"aren't you going to meet her?" seokjin asked. 

taehyung quietly shook his head. it was break time for them, as they'd open for dinner later.

"i'll help you," seokjin said, pitying his lovely cousin.

"how?" taehyung asked, soullessly.

"i don't know either," seokjin also threw a deep breath.

three weeks had passed since it. taehyung had either watched haeun from afar or visited the café for a cup of hot chocolate that the order was not taken from haeun.

it broke his heart into pieces as haeun tried hard to ignore him.

the same thing went to haeun.

the day taehyung let her go, she had been crying in her room. holding tightly to his coat, which he used a lot. she could smell his scent, that she had missed. she hated her parents, for the first time because of the stupid marriage. 

it was christmas eve, when she went out from her house, heading to face her last examination, picked up by her fiancé.

she showered him with smile as always, just like she was wearing a mask. thick enought to cover her sadness.

and that was when she thought she was going to ruin her examination.

as the car engine started, she just realized that a man was looking at them. from afar of course. she immediately stuck her head to the window as the car went away.

she could only looking back, as the man said something that she, of course, neither could listen nor guess. 

"is anything wrong?" jaehwan asked.

"no, it's nothing," haeun replied. 

she kept on thinking about the man in front of her house — kim taehyung. after every single question she answered, she stayed out of focus to taehyung. feelings told her to go to the park, tonight.

felt like ravens were here, haeun stayed in her room. it was christmas eve party and she didn't like it this time. jaehwan was in the house, she felt like escaping.

and that time, someone pressed the bell. it was changed into a gasp party. haeun finally got out from her room, looking at the crowd on the door.

she slowly getting closer to them, founding a flower boy looking police officer — jeon jungkook as in the name tag — was talking to jaehwan. 

"what happened?" haeun asked.

"this jerk, is trying to fool us. he is a fraud!" her father exclaimed. 

soon, haeun gasped.

"sweetheart, you must've been very upset. we are so sorry," her mother apologized.

"okay. i was not here to watch the drama cause i'm gonna soon, hear the full one," the police officer shrugged and fished out the handcuffs.

"jung jaehwan-ssi, you are under arrested for fraud cases that is directed to you, you can stay quiet and ask for a lawyer," the police officer said while putting the handcuffs, taking jaehwan away from them.

they watched him entering the police car. as it went away, a man in brown hoodie — that had been watching the whole drama — was standing right in front of the house.

he caught haeun's attention. she went out right away, running and jumped to hug him. as tight as she could but she couldn't win over taehyung's power as a man. 

"i've been missing you," was the first thing she said.

"i've been dying for missing you," taehyung  replied.

they pulled away, staring at each other's eyes. growing warmth in the cold, they had finally fill up their happiness again.

the coffee wasn't bitter anymore.