Chapter 17 - Only waffles can satisfy

Start from the beginning

I couldn't take my eyes off of him unsure of what to say but, "thank you."

Aden looked as if he was going to say something but a sudden hiccup from me stopped him causing him to shine that all too familiar smirk. "Well if that wasn't the cutest thing I have ever seen." He joked bopping my nose.

Swatting his hand away with another hiccup I pout, "shut up."

"You hiccup like a little baby." He poked my check this time.

"Stop it-" I was cut off by another hiccup. "Fuck me."

Aden lifted up an eyebrow suggestively which I quickly shoved at him lightly earning myself bright red checks, "shut up!"

"I didn't say anything." He attempted to defend himself.

After a little while of smiling at each other, we got up with me holding the towel to my body as tight as possible. "So um I should probably go get changed now."

"But I like what you're wearing now." Aden teased causing me to roll my eyes.

Putting on a fake brave face I simply poked a tongue at him before leaving the room desperate to put some clothes on. I had an itching feeling that he saw more than I would like but just played it off as not seeing anything to make me feel better. I also just wanted to cover up the feeling of being vulnerable and weak.

After I shakingly got changed it took some convincing that I was fine and that he should go get some work done. When he talked about it yesterday he seemed to have a lot of work to get done. I didn't want to be the reason why he is behind in his work.

-

It's been a couple of hours since the shower incident and I've finished the television series I was watching. Now I had a feeling of not knowing what to do with myself because the show was over and it didn't help that I was still feeling shit from what happened this morning.

I keep telling myself I am fine but I'm not. All I can do is throw on a mask to fool everyone and myself that my attacks don't affect me afterwards. Distractions are what I need so I don't feel so lonely in this room. There isn't anything in this room to distract me at the moment and I can't be in this room anymore. I need to get out but what do I do now? Where do I go?

Suddenly my questions were answered by my stomach. My stomach was making the rumblies that only waffles can satisfy. With that thought, I decided to leave the room and headed to the kitchen hoping to the Moon Gods that the chef was there. Luckily for me, he was and as soon as he saw me he pulled out the waffle maker.

My mouth watered ready for the delicious waffles to enter my mouth while I waited. I swear the number of waffles I eat a week amazes me sometimes. It's a surprise that no one has given me an intervention for my waffle addiction yet.

After I ate I found myself walking aimlessly around the pack house shyly introducing myself to pack members I haven't yet meet. I was surprised at my gain of confidence around these new people but the underlining fear was still there prickling to be shown.

So far I feel like I have already met most of the pack now and small talk is getting easier for me. I am starting to feel like I can finally call this pack my own but my wolf still can't quite let go of our old pack and it's familiarity. I know she likes this pack deep down but her underlining fear seems to be more intense than mine.

Talking with the pack members helped pass some time but after lunch, it seemed there weren't many people to talk to as they all had things to do. An empty feeling started to form as I stood in the entry of the pack house not knowing what to do with myself now.