Ch. 46 - It's Not Over

Start bij het begin

I'm trying to wrap my head around it but I just can't. It's still a foggy, diluted subject that is hanging in the air. I need to let it sit and thicken before I can touch it.

Quietly, Valentine removes his clothes and takes my hand. He leads me into the shower where he pulls me close to him. We don't need to talk about anything. For now, we just need the quiet solitude and the satisfaction of each other's company.

It's over.

Nothing else matters.

"What's wrong?" I've lost count how many times he has asked me that as I feel the warm water slap against my back. I take a deep breath and throw my head back. I slightly moan as I feel his fingers run through my hair and massage my scalp with soap.

"Are you hungry?" I don't know, I answer in my mind while shaking my head. I don't know if I'm hungry, tired, awake or even living. I don't know if I'm still a vampire or a darkling. Valentine senses my heavy mind and just places the tips of his fingers on my temples. He doesn't say anything. He just holds me tight against him as the water cascades down our bodies.

One thing I do know and can feel is the love that radiates from his heart. We have been together through thick and thin and although it has been a short time, it feels like an eternity. I feel my heart drum hard and fast against my chest, making me feel alive. They say our experiences make up our lives. I didn't believe it to be true until now. Until I learned to live again. Until I began to accept all that was happening around me.

It's hard to get up when you've fallen and it's going to happen every day. We just have to learn to get back up. Even if it hurts.

I embrace him until we are chest to chest and I run my nails down his back which causes him to let out a deep and rumbling groan. He takes a fistful of my hair and tugs it down, forcing me to look at him. He looks into my eyes and he doesn't speak. His body and soul is radiating powerful feelings and emotions that only I am privileged to feel and absorb. Without a single word, I hear the words loud and clear in my mind. 'I love you.'

The space between us ceased to exist when he pressed his hungry lips against mine. A burst of passion explodes in my chest and for the second time today, I cry. Crimson tears run down my cheeks, melting with the water dripping down my face. I never knew I would ever get to this point. I never knew I could love again and live again. Valentine was the lost star in my universe of longing. I'm grateful that our paths crossed the way it did. If not for him; there is no me.

The kiss is a sweet and burning fusion of our yearning for each other. Our tongues brush against our lips with the need to feel and taste - with the need to become one. I moan as his mouth travels down my jaw and onto my neck. I close my eyes in satisfaction as his fangs graze against each bite he has given me. His touch, his kisses, and his unspoken devotion causes my core to greedily melt into a heated pool of desire.

The water has long turned cold as we let it run in waste. His hips dig into mine and he pushes me against the tile, letting me become completely aware of his own excitement and need. I let out a shaky breath as he slowly tortures my body until I can no longer stand.

*

A beat drops hard from the speakers and hits my chest. It's similar to my pounding heart but this one is more aggressive and deep. When Nikita said 'Victory Party' in the basement, she truly meant every word. It's not your usual royal ball with fancy dances and spoiled dinner guests. It's a full vampire rave with bleeding humans and high demons. With a heated exchange of words and a few nicks and nibbles, Valentine was able to convince me to attend. I'm not all for parties or socializing. If anything, I'm only here for the music and because he's here.