一 | ethan.

today was not a good day at the studio.

the boys and i had argued a lot about the new album we were working on. it was mainly jakob and i that fought.

jakob had his idea of what the album should turn out like. it would follow the theme of being young and in love - and of course keeping our signature in stereo vibe. jakob was convinced that his way was the best path to take for the album, saying that the fans would enjoy it.

i had disagreed. i told jakob that his way was the safe way out. we had grown up in the spotlight, joining the industry as a band at the age of fourteen. we had grown up a lot since then, the topic of being 'young and in love' was too much of a cliché. people would be expecting something like that coming from us. we needed something different, something more mature, and this was the perfect time to do it. we were at the peak of our career. we could show people that we can make different types of music. music with a different sound.

jakob and i fought over who's idea was better. we yelled at each other. insulted each other. we couldn't agree on an idea. chris, our producers and the other people we were writing with tried to calm us both down.

we didn't calm down though.

we just kept fighting.

i had gotten so mad that i punched jakob in the jaw. chris held jakob back before he could hit me.

he had pulled out of chris' arms and stormed out of the studio. he said he didn't want to be in a band with someone like me.

i sat in silence for the rest of the song writing session. chris tried to talk me into helping him write lyrics, but i just shrugged him off.

jakob said that he didn't want to be in a band with someone like me.

in that moment, i felt the same way toward him.

we didn't need someone like jakob to be a part of this band.

we don't need you, jakob delgado.

———

i say in silence on my bed, pen in hand, cup of coffee in the other.

my notebook was laid out in front of me. i was trying to write a song that suited my concept, but no words were coming to my head.

i sighed in frustration and placed my mug on my bedside table. looking at the clock, i saw that it was only 8:23 PM.

i closed my eyes and started to think about the fight i had with jakob. we were both so angry. we were both saying things that we shouldn't have.

i started to feel guilty about insulting jakob. i didn't mean anything that i said to him. i started to wonder if he meant what he said to me.

i picked up my phone.

should i call him to apologise? i doubt he would pick up, he's probably still mad at me.

i start to dial jakob's number when i receive an incoming call.

INCOMING CALL
CHRIS LANZON

ACCEPT | DECLINE

i answer it.

"hello?"

"ethan," i hear chris breathe out shakily on the other end. "ethan. oh- oh my god."

"chris? what is it?"

he doesn't answer back, and the line is almost silent for a minute. i could make out people yelling in the background and chris' heavy breathing.

and sobs?

"chris? are you there? hello?"

he doesn't reply. "are you crying? chris?"

"you-" he says, choking back another sob. "you didn't hear? didn't you hear ethan? hasn't anyone told you?"

"what is it?" i yell into my phone, frustrated. "what's going on lanzon? damn it!"

more muffled noises and sobbing come from my phone.

"no one told him!" i hear chris yelling. "he doesn't know! he doesn't know!"

he's crying.

"chris?" i ask again, trying to keep my tone calm. he was clearly upset about something. i didn't want a repeat of what happened with jakob. i needed to control my anger. "please. chris. what happened?"

i hear him let out a shaky breath before he speaks.

"jakob." chris sobs.

"what? what about him?"

"jakob was in a car accident, ethan."

———

issa new fan fiction !

i really hope you guys enjoyed this !! hopefully my updating isn't too slow lmao, but i really appreciate all the feedback y'all give me, it really helps me so much and i am so grateful for all the love you give !!! thank you !!!

see ya in the next chap !!

xo, kaitleen