Chapter 5

Xander

I walk downstairs, rubbing my temples. It was a rough night... 'Ugh! why does May always have to do this...' I smell fresh coffee as I make my way into the kitchen. Looking up, I see the girl May brought home last night, another little.

" Oh! Willow, this is Xander, my husband" I hear May's voice and notice fear fall upon the girls face. That look makes me feel bad so I stick my hand out towards her.

"We haven't officially met, I'm Xander, I helped carry you in last night, it's very nice to meet you." She just stares at my hand as I hear May clear her throat. She shakes her head, almost as if shes snapping out of a dream.

"Oh um..I'm Willow..nice to meet you..and thank you for that.." She gently takes my hand in hers, I'm surprised how soft and small her hands are. I try to give her a small smile as May hands me a cup of coffee, black, nothing added to it. I lean over and give her a small kiss.

"So Willow," I hear May start "I'm sure you have questions for us."

She's looking down, staring into the creamy color of her coffee, her thumb rubbing the handle of the mug anxiously.

"How far away is here from where you picked me up?" Willow's soft voice carries through the room and May speaks up quickly.

"Well we are Surrey, which is about a 6 hour drive from where I picked you up, and of course the traffic was terrible so it took us about 8 hours to get home. You slept most of the way though so it must of just flew by for you." May smiles softly at Willow who just seems so sad. I take a seat next to her which appears to surprise them both. I notice her glance at me from the corner of her eyes, behind her hair before she nods taking in the information of where we are.

"I don't mean to overstay my visit...it is very nice that you two would allow me to stay here even though you just met me. I promise i'll find a hotel and be out of your hair." Willow becomes more and more quite as she gets to the end of her sentence before May steps in.

"There is no need for you to worry about finding a hotel or anything." I give May a look before she carries on but she ignores me "I would really like it if you would stay with us for as long as you wish." As soon as the words leave her lips I see Willow's face begin to light up. I stand up suddenly, causing them both to look towards me. I take a small plate, and fill it with a mix of berries and a bagel with cream cheese before leaving the room.

Willow

I look back towards May, "is he mad...? Did I do something..?" She gives me a reassuring look.

"No hun, he isn't mad at you, I promise. He can just be a grumpy butt sometimes." The way she said that made me laugh.

May places my breakfast in front of me "you need to eat something with that coffee otherwise you are going to feel sick." Looking down I see a pink place full of scrambled eggs, strawberries, bacon, and a small piece of toast. I didn't realize it till I smelled the food, but I was starving. I must not of eaten since yesterday morning, when May took me out to eat. I dig in and get caught up in eating, not noticing May leave the room.

May

After giving Willow her food I walk out of the room to talk to Xander. As I make my way to the top of the stairs, Xander is heading my way, visibly upset.

"Xander, we need to talk."

"You're right, we do. May we talked about bringing new littles into our home."

"I know we did but she was sitting on the side of the road! Her previous mommy practically kicked her out! I couldn't just leave her there!"

"I understand the situation May, I understand why you picked her up and why you bought her breakfast. I would of even understood if you wanted to pay for a hotel room for her. But what I don't understand is why, after the last little you brought here, why you would bring home another one." 

I feel my face start to heat up.

"Because she needs someone Xander! And I want to be that someone for her! Anyone could of stopped on the side of the road but it was me! She could be in such a worse situation but I found her and she is going to stay here for as long as I can have her!"

I watch as Xander takes a deep breath, he reaches up and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Fine. But this needs to be the last one Marilyn."

Before I can get another word in he walks off down the hall, into one of the many rooms, and slams the door. I turn and start to make my way down the stairs where I see Willow standing, tears in her eyes, hugging herself, obviously fearful. I quickly make my way down to her.

"Hey, hey, hey sweetie, it's okay don't you worry." I wrap her into a big hug realizing for the first time how small she really is.

Willow slowly shakes her head before mumbling, "does Xander hate me..? Does he not want me here..?"

I give her a small tap on the nose. "That's not it at all, he likes that you're here. He's happy that we can help you. Now stop you're worrying. Was your breakfast good?"

She nods her head yes and I give a warm smile. Giving her bum a small pat, I push her to go upstairs.

"Let's get you a nice warm bath and some clean clothes, what do you say little one?"

I watch as Willow slips into her little space.

"Oh okay, sounds good May!" she giggles softly, making her way to the bathroom.