80

"What is all of this?" Jungkook laughed in awe, admiring the golden and white lights strung out across anything that would hold them up, and Jungkook knew that it would be a bitch to clean up afterwards.

"It was Taehyung's idea," Jimin thought to get out of the way, and Jungkook smiled even brighter at that.

"I had a feeling," the youngest smiled sweetly at Taehyung, who flashed him a signature boxy smile in return.

"Come on, sit down!" Hoseok exclaimed, grabbing Jungkook by the forearms and pulling his over to the couch Taehyung was sitting on - the one they'd been sleeping on before.

Jungkook sat down next to the boy and smiled at him once more before being caught off guard by a series of presents being thrown his way.

He could tell which one was Taehyung's because of the way it had been poorly wrapped.

"I offered to help but he wouldn't let me," Seokjin concluded, sitting down on the floor next to Namjoon who - surprisingly - managed to wrap his presents perfectly.

"It's fine," Jungkook couldn't help but laugh a little at the sellotape placed in different gaps across the present, Taehyung obviously realising he didn't have enough wrapping paper and trying to fill the gap with tape.

Despite not knowing most of them for that long, Jungkook still went out and brought presents for them all - of course getting personalised ones for Taehyung and Jimin.

Namjoon said they would go around in a circle, opening one present each until they'd reached the end, and Jungkook made a mental note to open Taehyung's last.

~*~

"I don't even want to guess what's in here," Jungkook looked down at the present, unable to fight off his smile - not that he wanted to.

"Go on, open it!" Taehyung exclaimed, obviously more excited that Jungkook.

Sighing loudly, Jungkook just about managed to tear off the wrapping paper without elbowing Taehyung in the face, and when he saw a small pendant box, Jungkook raised an eyebrow in curiosity and picked up the small box carefully, not wanting to drop it and break what was inside.

He looked over at Taehyung, as if he was asking for permission to open it, and Taehyung smiled at him sweetly.

The box was white and almost velvety, and Jungkook's fingers skimmed over the seam before he opened it.

Inside was a silver necklace, its pendant shaped like a heart, with a small 'T' engraved in the middle of it.

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, who smiled at him as usual, but there was something behind his smile.

Something warm and kind, and Jungkook just wanted to be able to read him all the time.

Just when he was about to look away, Jungkook noticed Taehyung digging into the front of his plain white t-shirt, getting a firm grasp on something and pulling it out with little effort.

The necklace dangled in front of Taehyung's chest, over his neck and Jungkook's bottom lip quivered when he saw the initial engraved on his heart pendant.

J.

Tears brimmed the corners of Jungkook's eyes and he sniffled loudly, attracting the attention of the six other boys.

Taehyung scooted closer to the younger male and, upon instinct, Jungkook snuggled himself closer to Taehyung's warmth, burying his face in his chest and inhaling deeply.

The smell of Taehyung was so distinct that Jungkook never wanted to forget it, and never wanted to let go.

"Come on, Kook, it's Christmas - you shouldn't be crying on Christmas," Taehyung chuckled, rubbing Jungkook's back up and down.