76

Taehyung couldn't stop from glancing over at Jungkook every five seconds during the play.

The seven of them had decided to watch 'A Christmas Carol' since it was only three days before Christmas itself.

But Taehyung wasn't even able to focus on the performance since Jungkook had been avoiding him - and he had no idea why.

Leaning over so his face was right next to Namjoon's ear, Taehyung scooted closer to his hyung.

"Do you know what's wrong with Jungkook? He's been avoiding me since this morning," he whispered, and Namjoon tore his eyes away from the stage to look back at Taehyung.

"He hasn't told me anything," Namjoon replied, and Taehyung sighed, slumping back into his seat and stealing one final glance at Jungkook and Hoseok before placing his cheek on his knuckle and sulking for the rest of the performance.

A long two hours later, Taehyung was up and out of his seat, claiming he had to go to the bathroom before leaving the other six to stand in bewilderment and watch as he left.

Jungkook sighed deeply, excusing himself aswell to go the bathroom, but in all honestly he just wanted to speak to Taehyung.

He knew avoiding him was stupid - especially so close to Christmas - and Jungkook slowly pushed open the door leading to the men's toilets and stood by one of the sinks.

Taehyung didn't notice him, but there was another man - probably in hiw sixties - washing his hands next to Jungkook and Jungkook did smile at him just so he could lessen the tension he felt in himself.

Once the man was gone, he spoke.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry," he said, his voice echoing off the walls of the empty bathroom.

"For what? You didn't do anything," Taehyung replied, but Jungkook could hear the annoyance in his voice. "It's my fault for being so straightforward and I'm sorry."

"No, Taehyung, I-" Jungkook stopped himself mid sentence when the cubicle door opened and Taehyung walked out, not even looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook gulped.

"I want this too - don't want it to stop. The cuddling, the cheek kisses, the random compliments and hugs from behind; I don't want them to stop. I like them too much! It's just...my anxiety is such a bitch sometimes and whenever you say something to me I always have to wonder if there's some hidden meaning behind it or if you mean what I say, or- or--"

Jungkook hadn't even noticed his hands begin to shake, or mind go blank, or legs go numb, or the tears in his eyes until he heard how unstable his voice was - and Taehyung looked up at him.

Face contorted in a mix of worry and panic, Taehyung made quick work of wiping his damp hands on his jeans and making his way over to Jungkook.

"Jungkook, Jungkook, look at me," he ushered softly, holding one of Jungkook's hands in his larger one, the other hand going up to cup the younger's chin, gently edging him to look at Taehyung. "You're ok, I've got you."

Jungkook's breathing was still heavy - eyes beady and darting around the room - and his chest was heaving with every breath he took, face pale and tears running down his face.

"Kook, you're ok, I promise," Taehyung cooed, the hand on his chin running down to Jungkook's arm, rubbing it up and down reassuringly. "Baby, I would never lie to you."

Jungkook gulped thickly and nodded hesitantly, and Taehyung's hand went up to Jungkook's head, fingers threading themselves in his brown locks and bringing his face closer to his chest.

From there, Taehyung hugged Jungkook tightly, and it was a little awkward for other people coming in and out of the bathroom but Taehyung paid no mind to them.

"Are you ok now?" Taehyung asked softly, slowly pulling away from Jungkook as if he was unsure of whether he should.

But Jungkook's stiff nod was enough to settle him for the moment as he took Jungkook by the hand and led him out of the cramped bathroom, fingers still laced with Jungkook's.

"Woah, are you ok? You look as pale as Yoongi," Hoseok asked, resulting in an elbow to the ribs from his hyung.

"I'm fine," Jungkook insisted, and Taehyung ran his thumb over Jungkook's knuckles as a way of telling him he was proud of him.

"We should probably get back before we get caught up in the parade," Jin suggested, and the majority of heads nodded in approval before leaving the theatre.

Taehyung and Yoongi's apartment wasn't that far from the town centre anyway - perhaps a ten minute walk - and Taehyung held Jungkook's hand the whole way, squeezing it occasionally.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook spoke up after a few minutes of silence from the two, his voice coming out as hoarse before he cleared it.

"What's up?" The older asked, looking down at his dongsaeng with a small smile.

"Can we...can we add hand holding to the list of things I don't want to stop happening?" He asked shyly, and Taehyung made sure none of the other five were watching before he leaned down to kiss Jungkook's temple.

"Of course, sweetness."