Tien x Shy and Energetic Reader: Weird Personality

It all started in high school. Y/N was a girl at Hinkley High School and in her junior high year. She was the very definition of energetic and kind. Everyone loved her, from the teachers to the meanest dean in the school. Every day, she greeted everyone and gave most of them hugs. But there was one person in particular that she never dared to do any of those things.

Tien Shinhan.

It's not that she dislikes him, or he dislikes her. No, in fact, she loved him and he loved her. Yet, every time Tien tried to get a hug or at least a handshake from her, she would run away. Tien never understood why, he was just trying to make a bond with her and one day make her his. He was heartbroken day after day, but never gave up hope.

It was a normal day like any other. Y/N was walking down the hallways and greeted the students as well as the teachers.

"Wassup Y/N!" A student called.

"Sup Broly! Happy birthday!" She said, smiling.

"Thanks! 'Preciate it." He responded, before running faster than Burter to class as the late bell rang.

'Ah crap, two minutes? I haven't even said hi to the freshies! Well, time to use instant transmission I guess.' Y/N thought to herself as she got ready to do so.

"Not so fast Y/N L/N," said a voice, she looked up and smiled innocently at the person she least expected to bump into.

Mr. Piccolo

"But Mr. Piccolo! I need to greet the freshman!" She whined. He only shook his head.

"You know the rules Y/N. We are to act like normal, weak  creatures that depend on arms to defend ourselves on these days when the superintendent comes in. I would let you use instant transmission, if he weren't in the freshman hallway right this minute." He explained. Y/N sighed, hung her head and nodded.

"I understand..." She replied in defeat. Piccolo pat her head.

"Good... Hey, tell you what. If you behave as normal as possible, without using your powers. We'll train for two hours after school." He proposed. Y/N perked her head up.

"Add an extra hour of meditation and we've got a deal." She said.

"Fine with me." He responded, "Now get to class, you'll be late."

----------------------------------------------------

It was currently lunch and everyone flooded the lunchrooms. Y/N was at the West cafeteria and hummed along to a song she was listening to. As she got her tray and moved along the line, she closed her eyes, bobbing her head slightly to the beat as she got her food. Little did she know there was a certain triclops pushing through the line, his purpose? To get close to Y/N.

"Excuse me, pardon me, sorry!" He said as he pushed the people in front of him.

"HEY!" Came a voice, it was Gohan.

"Watch it!" Said Videl.

"Well excuse you! Idiot!" Said Marron.

'I've got to get close to her. I need to say hi, I need to at least make small talk. Remember Tien, have nothing but a smile and confidence.' the triclops mentally chanted to himself. He finally made it next to Y/N and acted as if he was getting his lunch. Still, Y/N didn't notice her. She was still jamming to her tunes.

'NOTICE ME SENPAI!" Tien mentally exclaimed.

As if she had heard him, Y/N opened her eyes and looked at him. Her face turned more red than a tomato.

'Oh no... Anyone but him!' She thought.

"Ummmmm. Hi!" Tien greeted with a smile.

"H-H-Hi Tien!" She stuttered. Tien raised an eyebrow.

'Does she have a speech problem?' he thought, 'That's not normal,'

'Someone end me!' Y/N thought.

"How are you?" Tien said, breaking the silence between them.

"I'm f-fine. How are y-you?" She responded.

"I'm good, training's been going well so far. We beat Orange Star High School in the martial arts tournament."

"As expected from Hinkley... We don't have normal martial artists here." Y/N responded. He nodded.

Silence was between them once more, and both stood like a couple of idiots for a good twenty seconds.

"So umm. Wanna go. Sit. Down?" Y/N suggested awkwardly.

"Sure," Tien replied, 'Oh my goodness gracious! She's actually asking me to sit with her!'

"Follow m-me" Y/N said as she turned around and walked outside, Tien following.

'This cannot be happening!" She mentally exclaimed. 'I'm going to mess up! Not like I didn't already... But again!? No!'

"Umm. Where are we going?" Asked Tien. Y/N stopped.

'Sh*t. Where am I going?' "Ummm, uhhhh. Right by that tree!" She quickly responded, 'nice save Y/N. Nice save."

As they took their seats by the tree, both juniors started eating in silence... Again. Tien thought that she was awfully quiet, she normally isn't like this. She's normally cool and energetic, but around him she's not the same. Why? Did she not like him? Even worse. Does she secretly hate him?

'No... It can't be true, she would've said no! Stop thinking that Tien!'

"Lovely weather today huh?" Y/N asked out of the blue. Tien looked at her and nodded.

"Beautiful. Just like-" he stopped himself. It was too soon for compliments.

"Just like what?" Came Y/N's response.

"Just like... Just like yesterday!" Tien responded.

"It was raining yesterday,"

"I like rain!" Tien quickly replied, chuckling nervously.

"You do? I mean, I like it as well, but not as much as a sunny day," Y/N said.

"Oh, do you? Interesting." Tien said.

"You think I'm interesting?" Y/N thought.

"Yeah. Really interesting actually," he replied. Her eyes widened.

'He read minds?! Has he been reading it all this time?!' she thought frantically.

Turn out, he can't. Y/N had just said it out loud and thought she thought it.

"I think you accidentally said it out loud," Tien chuckled. Y/N breathed a sigh of relief.

Y/N was about to say something, but a voice interrupted her.

"JUST KISS ALREADY DAMNIT! THE WHOLE SCHOOL SHIPS YOU BOTH!"

"Who was that?!" Tien said, startled.

Y/N's face was fifty shades of red, she was already courageous enough to have lunch with him and actually TALK to him, but her cousin just had to shatter that little light of confidence.

'Damnit Krystal. I hate you!' Y/N mentally screamed.

Part two is coming up in a bit. School's been kicking my ass lately and haven't been able to update. But guess what?! I'm on fall break! So yeah! See y'all later alligators!