Chapter6

Pidge and hunk walked down the hallway having a speedy conversation about the science of cooking.
"Cooking would not be a thing without science hunk! Its a fact!!" Pidge shrieked at the tall male
"Uh a fact that is WRONG.!" Hunk retorted with a huff.
"Oh my gOD. I cant believe you just insulted my FACTS YOU HEATHEN"
"Pfft you get mad too easy pidge," Hunk laughed, his expression turned thoughtful for a moment  "I wonder if Keith is using his gay on the friend of his he can't stop talking about." he looked at Pidge with a shit eating grin "If we hurry we could 'accidentally' meet this new friend of his." A mischievous twinkle in his eye,
"I like the way you think my friend." The both started to move faster, hunk staying in front of Pidge so the could maneuver through the crowded dorm halls easier. Pidge bumped into hunks back when he stopped abruptly.
She rubbed nose annoyed "dude what the fuck-" her words died on her tongue when she saw what had caused the stop, her eyes met the bright blue ones of the gorgeous person who was sitting on the floor. Pidge examined their features trying to find what made them familiar, then a name she hadn't heard or said in years came off of the tip of her tongue and she felt tears spill over her cheeks. When had she started crying?

"Mía..." she felt her legs turn to jelly and fell to her knees with hunk going down with her, the same hurt expression on his face and tears flowing.

"I-Its Lance now..." a voice said, it took a moment for them both to realize where it had come from

"I-I don't understand..." pidge crawled slowly to the person sitting a meter away, and reached her hand to their face. They flinched away fear in their eyes, but didn't pull away from her.
"Is it really you?" Her voice shook and new tears started pouring down her face when they gave a smal hesitant nod.
Hunk got up slowly from watching the scene, he was in shock and beyond overwhelmed, but they couldn't talk in these crowded hall so he forced the two to their feet and shoved them into the dorm.

"Whoa Hunk whats going on??" Keith demanded standing from where he sat on the couch, he noticed the tears on everyone's faces. He met eyes with lance who just looked away with an ashamed expression, only confusing him more. but hunk just shook his head
"Buddy this is something between the three of us for now, please will you give us a minute." It wasn't a question and Keith was about to protest until he saw the sad look in everyones eyes. He nodded and quickly left the room

"I demand you give us an explanation." Hunks tone was serious, and it caused lance to jump.

"I-i don't-"

"NO! You will tell us why you disappeared! Because we're not going to just stand here and guess, after all those years...we were best friends- you owe us this." He was furious and it scared lance beyond anything "Spill."

"I...I was scared." Lance mumbled looking at his hands "As you can probably tell, i'm not exactly who I used to be." He said with a bitter laugh "back in high school, I figured it out. Why I felt so different and out of place, its because of this!" He gestures to himself, there was a distant hate In his eyes "And I was too scared to tell you guys...so, I left. I ran away like a coward!" The tears had started to flow again, tortured by past memories, "and that's it, I figured you'd all hate me for what I was. Even though I know, I know. You guys would never. But guess I was just running away, and I took it out on you" they had never seen so much shame and sadness on lances face before "I'm sorry that I was a coward. I didn't deserve your kindness that and I most certainly don't now-" lance was cut of but a quick slap to the face, startled he put his hand to the now forming bruise and looked at pidge in shock. Had she just...?

"don't you dare....make excuses." Pidge was on the floor in front of him, her head down and tears pouring. She looked up at lance with a snotty nose and tears the size of beans coming from her eyes.
Lance was taken back the moment she lurched forward, wrapping her small arms around his waist hunk fell next to them all anger forgotten and joined the hug
"Its so good to see you buddy.." hunk sobbed into lances shoulder, while pidge clung onto his waist like her life depended on it and let a small sniff every now and then.
The three of them sat there on the floor in that dog pile, lance opened up and told then about all the terrible things that happened after he left, and how much he regretted it every day after.
they filled him in on what he'd missed and how they met Keith, how they had helped him through his tough times making him the man he is today.
After what seemed like hour of them catching up and unknowingly refreshing the bond they all shared, there was a knock at the door.
Pidge got up and let Keith in, it had in fact been hours since he left and the worried expression on his face softens as he looks at lance, seeing that he is okay.

"Hey..what happened with you guys?" Keith asks pidge breaking his eye contact with lance to question the short girl.

"It's not really my place to say, lance will tell you when...HE is ready." The emphasis on the word he had Keith confused, but he just said goodnight to lance and walked him to the door.
"I uh guess I'll see you in physics on Monday?" He asked Keith with a still present worry in his eyes

Lance smiled at him thoughtfully, would he accept him like pidge and hunk had? He thought and decided
"Yeah ill, uh see you there. And I will tell you, just not now."