I

"So let me get this straight, Mr. Jeon. You're in the midst of your third year as a performing arts and dance major, you're on track to graduate a semester early with a position at a dance company already in place to start after you graduate, and now you all of a sudden decide to apply for the spring semester study abroad trip?"

A middle-aged man sat in his office chair with his body swiveled to give his attention to the young man sitting across from him. The man's hand found its way up his face to push his glasses up and rub at the bridge of his nose, both in frustration and exhaustion. His suit was the color of coffee grounds, dark and bland. His salt and pepper colored hair was combed back but there were a few strays that fell out at the sides.

"Yes, sir! I realize that the deadline for the applications is the end of the week, but I can get the application and the payments in by then!" Jungkook, who sat at the edge of his seat in anticipation, nodded eagerly. "All I need is advisor approval, so that's why I'm here to ask you. Since you are my advisor, after all."

Jungkook's advisor sighed heavily and leaned back in his chair. "That is true." He mumbled and looked at the application form Jungkook had presented to him. "If you do apply in time, I hope you realize only a handful of applicants will be selected to go."
"Yes, sir!"
"And if you do get accepted, your graduation will be delayed a semester?"
"Yes, sir! I do realize this, and I even spoke with the head of the dance company and we worked it all out so that if I do go, then I can start the following season!" Jungkook chewed on his lip anxiously, eyeing the yellow piece of paper that was awaiting his advisors signature.

He watched as his eyes scanned over the paper, and his hands folded together tightly as he waited for a definitive answer.

"A 3-month trip to the city of Los Angeles, California for any student looking to further their knowledge and understanding of American culture. Students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of aspects including, but not limited to, arts, language, history, and foods. Students will be assigned a partner at the beginning of the trip for the partner trips and projects during the course. Partners will also be roommates for the entire trip."

Jungkook nodded along as his advisor read the brief course description aloud.

"But... Mr. Jeon. Didn't you tell me before that you've already studied in the states once before in high school?"

Jungkook nodded once again. "Yes! But I was only 15! I believe that if I go again, I can learn much more, and become better. Please, sir. I've already got the whole form completed, all I need is your signature!"

His advisor sighed and looked at the paper once more. "Pre-requisite courses..."
"Because I studied in the states once before, my English is fluent enough to bypass the language course pre-requisite. I qualify!"

Jungkook pursed his lips tightly, his anxiety rising. He wanted so badly to go on this trip and to say he was worried about not getting a signature from his advisor was an understatement.

 He wanted so badly to go on this trip and to say he was worried about not getting a signature from his advisor was an understatement

"I suppose..." His advisor heaved out in a sigh as he lifted a pen, clicked it, and then scribbled out his signature. "I trust that you'll make the most of the trip and work out your future plans accordingly."

"Yes, sir!" Jungkook responded almost immediately, beaming thankfully at his advisor. He stood and bowed, taking the paper from his adivsor's hands. "Thank you very much!"

Jungkook left his advisor's office and went to drop off the completed form at the student academics office, a happy smile plastered across his face the whole way.

However he didn't make it the whole way.

He got stopped by a certain red-head at the door of the main office, who also had the most annoying grin across his face and twinkle in his eyes.

"Ah, Jungkook! Funny seeing you here!"

Jungkook grit his teeth. "What are you doing at the student academic office? Didn't think a head-ass like you would even know this place existed."

Taehyung's smile widened. "Same reason you are, silly."
"Uh- No, that's impossible. I don't think so." Jungkook snorted. "I'm here to drop off my application for the Los Angeles study abroad trip."

He expected Taehyung to frown and get caught in his supposed mistake but that was not what he got.

"I know." Taehyung cocked a brow and stepped out of the way of the door, outstretching an arm. "Now after you, princess."

"Don't call me princess, you dickwad." Jungkook shot him a glare but walked in anyways, still convinced Taehyung was pulling his leg. Either way, Taehyung was way too academically lazy to actually get selected, right?

"Oh, hello! What can I do for you today?" The student currently working at the desk smiled, meeting Jungkook's eyes.
Before he could respond, that damned red-head slung one arm cross Jungkook's shoulders and let the other one rest on ledge of the desk, placing his yellow application form with Jungkook's.

"We're just dropping off our study abroad applications!" Taehyung replied to the girl with a large smile. "Isn't that right, Jungkook?"

Jungkook forced a smile. "Uh-huh. Right." He said in the happiest voice he could muster.

"Oh wonderful!" The girl took the forms and put them into a folder that Jungkook assumed held the rest of the applications. "You'll be notified by e-mail by the end of next week regarding whether you've been selected or not."
"Sounds good to me. Thank you very much." Jungkook gave her a genuine smile and turned to leave, ignoring Taehyung as he left.

As he walked back to his dorm, only one thought remained in his mind.

Suddenly he hoped he didn't get selected for the trip.

A/N: hi there!! I couldn't wait to get this story rolling, so here we are!!! Updated will be slow and irregular, but I hope to be as on-top of it as possible and not completely neglect this. My main focus is Grim right now, but I also wanted to get this one started as well while I wrap the other up.
Hope you enjoy💕