My mum and dad are looking at me like I have two heads and I don’t really blame them, I’m not exactly being as clear as I should. “Are you ill?” asks my mum who now has a concerned look on her face.

“No it’s not that”

“God Kim, Spit it out”

“Ok well as you already know I’m living with a girl called Cheryl an-“

“How could we forget, she’s not really just a girl is she? She’s the Cheryl Cole”

“Adam will you shut up!” Sally again tells him off.

“Thanks Sal, so we get on great… really great and Paisley adores her don’t you Pai?” She nods her head while running her fingertip on the swirls of the marble on the table, she doesn’t really have a clue what we’re talking about. “Well I really like her too, I mean I really like her”

“So she is more than a friend?”

“We’re taking things slow” I already feel my smile growing, I always do just thinking about Cheryl. “She’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met; the thing is nobody can know apart from us here because with her being in the lime light we don’t want the word to get out … just yet”

“You aren’t a lesbian” The look of shock on my dad’s face is clear and I can feel my heart begin to sink.

“John” My mum mutters and gives his elbow a nudge. “We are all so happy for you darling I would be lying If I said I didn’t already have a feeling about it,its about time you deserve some happiness”

“I … thank you and no dad im not I just like Cheryl, she really is pretty amazing”

“Will we get free concert tickets?” Adam asks obnoxiously and I laugh rolling my eyes.

“What do you think Amy?” Sally asks.

“What do I care? I’m sick of fucking hearing her name”

“Right that’s enough, I’m sick of your attitude today miss and less of the swearing” My dad warningly points a finger at her but she simply shrugs her shoulders failing to care.

“Amy i-“

“Save it Kimberley i really don’t care who you date, at least you can’t get pregnant this time eh?” She’s really starting to hurt my feelings, she’s been so off with me all day. She’s being cold towards me and slightly bitter. The look of anger hasn’t really left her face and I have no idea why.

“Amy!” Mums voice gets slightly louder.

“What? Oh sorry I forgot we can’t say anything about princess Kimberley in case we just happen to hurt her feelings. I’m sick of it, I’m sick of everything. I’m glad you’re with Cheryl because now maybe we won’t have to see you as much” She gets up from the table and storms off into the ladies bathroom and she’s left us all sitting here in shock.

“Ignore her, I’ll go and have a word” Sally goes to get up from her seat but I put my hand over hers.

“Its fine I will”

I go into the bathroom and she’s leaning against the flaky white wall covering her eyes with one hand, I’m sure she’s crying. “Amy?”

“Just go away will you?” She turns her back to me so I place a hand on her shoulder. This isn’t like Amy at all, she’s really starting to worry me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just go away like you always do stop pretending like you care”