Lightweight (Final Chapter)

Nick headed out to see strippers just as Marissa got to his place. She was so excited for me & told me she called a million places & couldn't get a stripper on short notice so she called an old friend, Pablo & he agreed to come over & dance for me. I was going to die.

"He doesn't know I'm pregnant." I told Marissa.

She laughed in response. "He won't say anything. And he has a man crush on Nick so he'll be ecstatic for you guys."

I busted out laughing. "Oh my God. He totally does have a man crush on Nick." I was laughing so hard, I nearly pissed my pants. Marissa was doubled over with laughter, watching me run to the bathroom. My bladder was so weak since I got pregnant. Yes, another joy of pregnancy.

Pablo came over after a bunch of my friends arrived. Needless to say, they were all super excited for me & shocked as hell. I'm not sure what they were more shocked about... the fact that Nick & I were together or the fact that I was pregnant. We all had a blast & Pablo tried to dance for me, but since we're friends, he kept laughing We all ended up getting up & dancing together & had a blast. Marissa kept checking online to see if pics of Nick, out with his friends had surfaced. We only saw a few & they were pics of Nick & Joe meeting fans on the streets near the bar they probably went to. Nick looked so adorable, wearing a casual button up shirt over a tshirt with dark jeans & a hat. In the photos, the guys were holding cigars & I thought to myself that I needed to try to get Nick to quit. He probably wouldn't because it gave him pleasure smoking with his friends. They all smoked them & I knew he would never do it around me or the baby. I just didn't like that he did it. It's so bad for the body.

I was ready to fall asleep just after midnight. What can I say? I'm a lightweight. I was a lightweight when I used to drink, too. I'm not going to apologize. That's just me. My friends knew this about me, but still made fun of me when I wanted to go to bed at 12:30. I was tired a lot, too, since I got pregnant. They understood & everyone left by 1, except Marissa, who was staying to help me get ready the next day. We weren't getting married until later in the day, when the sun was going down a little. A few of my friends were coming to the ceremony. The others weren't able to come, because of prior plans, so I was glad they could come celebrate with me tonight.

Marissa laid in bed with me, later, as we often did when we were together. We've been having sleepovers since we were kids & always slept in the same bed. We both didn't like sleeping alone if someone else was there. Plus we usually talked & laughed until we were sleepy. Tonight, I was giddy with anticipation of marrying Nick.

"I can't believe in less than 24 hours, I will be Mrs. Nick Jonas." I sighed, staring at the ceiling.

Marissa started giggling. "Oh my God, the world is going to freak when this gets out. I can't wait to see or read the reactions."

"Oh my God, I know. I have a feeling we'll have a hard time keeping us a secret while we're on tour."

"Why?" I saw Marissa turn her head on the pillow to look at me.

"People are gonna see us together. I mean they aren't stupid. There are already rumors that it's Nick's baby."

"Is he going to sing any songs with you?" Marissa asked.

"Nope." I looked over at her. "He doesn't want to because he thinks people will be able to tell. But I have a feeling he will at some point. He's a lightweight when it comes to staying offstage. He's going to get an itch. He's going to want to join me at some point." I laughed, quietly.

Marissa turned on her side to face me. "Are you nervous for tomorrow?"

I bit my lip & shook my head. "No, funny enough. I've never been so sure of something before. I feel it. Me & Nick are meant to be. I can't believe I never felt it before, but for whatever reason, I didn't, but I feel it now. It feels so right with him. And I can't imagine not being with him til the very end, whenever that comes." I looked at Marissa, who had a funny look on her face. "What?"