World of Chances

Before I left the yacht at the end of the party, I stopped in the restroom & ran into Olivia. She was touching up her makeup in the mirror because I'm sure there would be cameras as we got off the boat. She saw me in the mirror, rolled her eyes & shook her head. I smiled at her. "Hope you had a nice time, Olivia." I said as I walked behind her.

Olivia chuckled. "You think you're so special because you & Nick can write songs & play guitars together?" She let out a breathy laugh as she turned to face me. "Trust me when I say, the things him & I do together are far more enjoyable than playing music with you. I make him sing, honey. I make him sing all night long. I can promise you that he isn't thinking about you or music while I'm fucking the shit out of him." Her pointy little chin was swaying, slightly, as she spewed these words at me.

My mouth hung open as I tried not to bust out laughing at the pageant girl talking filthy in a public place. What would the Donald think? I have never wanted to punch another human being as much as I did at this very moment. I know Nick would not understand if I punched her right now. I would look like the bad one. I just rolled my eyes at her. "Enjoy it while you can, honey. The kind of music Nick & I make together is eternal." I turned on my heel, then spun back around. "And don't even think about trying to come to Africa with Nick, because you won't survive. I promise YOU that." I went into the stall & held my breath until I heard her heels clicking & the door opening & closing. Jesus, I can't believe that just happened. I had to take several breaths before I could finish what I had come in there for.

I came out of the bathroom & saw Nick a few feet away, holding Olivia's hand, while he scanned the room. His eyes met mine & his face lit up. He dropped Olivia's hand & strolled over to me, smiling.

"I was looking for you. I wanted to say goodbye." Nick said as he grabbed me in an embrace. I looked over his shoulder & smiled at Olivia, my eyes narrowed. She glared at me, daggers shooting from her eyes. "I guess I'll see you in a few weeks when we leave for Africa." Nick said as he let me go.

"I can't wait." I smiled at him. He grinned before he turned & headed back to Olivia who was now smiling like the sweet little fake ass bitch that she was. I left with Wilmer a little while later.

Over the next several weeks, I didn't talk to Nick except for a few text conversations. I kept busy with my studio time & getting ready to leave for Africa. I was looking forward to this trip, not only for being in Africa again, but also to spend this time with Nick. I didn't see Nick until we were at the airport.

The plane ride to Africa was a long one, so Nick & I talked or we slept. During one conversation, I couldn't contain my distaste for Olivia. Nick was gushing about her doing volunteer work at a hospital the week before & I rolled my eyes, not realizing Nick saw me.

"You don't like her, do you?" Nick asked.

"It's not that I don't like her. I just don't think she is the one for you." I shrugged my shoulders.

"She told me you don't like her."

"What?" I was stunned she had mentioned anything about me to Nick. "Why would she say that?"

"She said you told her you didn't think she loves me." Nick's eyebrow was raised as he watched me, closely.

I clicked my tongue & rolled my eyes, then sighed. "I don't think she loves you as much as you love her. No. Personally, I think you are way too into her right now to see that maybe she is more into your money & the fame than she is into you."

Nick's expression changed to annoyance. "You don't even know her."

"I can tell by looking at her. She's not the woman you think she is. Tell me, Nick. Since you started dating, has she ever paid for a trip or a meal or anything you guys have done together?"