Chapter 3- The Plan

"so what you're saying,is Victoria is creating some kind of vampire army?" Jake asked no one in particular.

we were all seated in the Cullen's living room, after the weird confrontation between Edward and Jake yet again, at least they are trying their best to be civil about the matter.

"Yes, that's exactly what we think, but you see this fight cannot happen because if the Vultari find out about it,we all may be disposed of" Jasper the pale awkward vampire that tried to kill me at my 18 birthday gathering at Edward's house before he went and left me, finally decided to talk.

"And why's that?" I asked, feeling that the situation was getting out of hand now.

"If Victoria is creating this army for what we think it is, which is to try and harm our family including you, as a way to try and get back at Edward for eliminating her boyfriend James, then we are all in for it, because now the fight involves werewolfs," Carlisle paused turning to look regard Jake,

"...if the Vultari get involved, which I think they already are, you are a human Bella and have knowledge about vampires and not only that, you're dating a werewolf the Vultari will kill you for both those reasons, and we will fight to protect you but we would stand no chance" Carlisle concluded

a heavy silence filled the room, we all just sat thinking about all this possibilities and circumstances.

"And I also have to point out that we are going blind into this, because Alice is unable to have visions concerning Bella because of Jacob" Edward said with distaste.

"I don't care, no one's going to separate me from Jake" I said, pulling his arms around my waist possessively and squeezing his hands reassuringly.

"So what you're suggesting is that I stay away from Bella for a while" Jacob said ignoring my outburst, and not regarding Edward at all.

"It is your choice, we won't force anything upon you if it weren't necessary" Carlisle said looking torn.

"If its for Bella's safety, then I guess" Jake said

"But Jake,what about-" I tried to protest but he cut me off.

"Bella, its for your safety" he stated matter of factly, as though there were no discussions about it.

This whole thing just angered me more, if it Edward think he can just go out of my life and come back acting all heroic, then he is wrong, I won't let him.

"Bella please" Jake begged with me as though he could read my thoughts.

God, I was so torn, my safety for my love, that's just something I shouldn't be made to choose between.

"How long would this have to be, my separation from Jake that is?" I asked defeated.

"only until we can figure out the Vultari's plan with regards to Victoria and her army" Alice said

"okay then, we have to separate starting today" Jake said standing up, getting ready to leave.

"No Jake, you can't be so irrational" I said, trying to reason with him.

"She is right Jacob, take today for yourselves, you can start the process tomorrow" Carlisle said as he too stood up to stop Jake from leaving.

"We also advice you to tell Sam to train the pack, if it comes to the worst we will need your help" Carlisle said

"Count on it" Jake said as we made our way out of the house, to my truck, to enjoy our last day together before the real business starts.