XIV. Stop

"Stop it. You're killing me."

"What'd I do?"

"The pen. Stop."

Aisha hadn't even noticed her aunt was lying on the couch. She was so focused on the job application in front of her.

"Oops sorry," Aisha laughed. She clicked the pen one last time only to receive a groan in response from her aunt.

"Aisha?" Amari called.

"Yeah?"

"I have to pee."

The 15 year old girl gave her aunt a confused look. Amari lied sprawled out on the couch with her arms tucked behind her head. She closed her eyes to block out the evening sun and gently rocked herself back and forth. "Um. Then go pee?"

"I don't feel like it. Carry me."

Aisha couldn't help but smile at her childish aunt. It was nice to see that the woman was acting normal. Aisha noticed that Amari was acting strange a few months ago. Maybe it was her break up with Patrick that triggered her strange behavior. Aisha got along with Patrick well. She just didn't like how he made her exhausted aunt do everything.

"Really TeeTee?" Aisha laughed. A small smile spread across her face as she continued to fill out the application. Aisha needed a summer job bad even if it meant working at Wendy's.

Ugh. Wendy's

"Ok I'm hungry. What do you want to eat?" Amari questioned. The 25 year old stood up and sat uncomfortably close to Aisha. She was practically sitting on her lap.

"I'm not really hungry," Aisha mumbled to herself.

"Yes you are. Stop lying."

Before Aisha could protest, a pizza menu was being shoved into her hands.

"Pick something," Amari commanded "I'm going to go to the bathroom before I pee all over you."

Aisha watched as her aunt disappeared down the hall. She also noticed that she looked... different. Of course Amari was still the petite 5 foot 4 woman that Aisha came to love, but she was definitely buffer. Did her auntie work out? Oh God. Was she becoming one of those super shiny body builders?

"Have you tried the nuclear bomb wings, TeeTee?"

"Uh... Oh! Yeah!" Amari Shouted from the bathroom. "To be honest they aren't even that spicy! They good as hell though!"

Good. Aisha needed real food. She was tired of the frozen T.V dinners that Isaiah buys all the time. She would have preferred one of Amari's home cooked meals but the teen could see the tiredness in her aunt's eyes. It was even in her body language. The 25 year old no longer sat straight up with a smile that created rainbows. Instead she slouched with a scowl on her face.

"Damn. What did uncle Patrick do?" Aisha mumbled to herself. He had to have done something. One day he was gone and her auntie changed. Was she ok? Maybe if she needed someone to vent to.

"Aisha! Can you please hand your favorite auntie some toilet paper?" Amari Shouted from the bathroom. Yeah. Her TeeTee was going to be just fine.
__________________________

"Ok ok! Stop dammit!" Amari cried as Viktor lifted the weight back onto the bar.

"Too much?" Viktor asked. A small nod from the small woman confirmed his guess.

"I can't... feel my arms," Amari panted. She groaned as Viktor grabbed her shoulders and sat her up. This man was crazy.

"Are you trying to kill me? I feel like this is what I get for being a bitch when I first met you."

"No no! It was my fault for being so straight forward. I was wrong for-"

"Stop it," Amari interrupted. "Quit apologizing for the shit I did. Don't take the blame for my rudeness. I was already in a fucked up mood when you were started talking to me."

Viktor stood wide eyed. He could see the glint of hate of in Amari's eyes. He was known as a pushover by many of his friends. They said he apologized too much. Viktor just thought he was being polite.

"Oh. O-Okay. Sorry," Viktor's face turned beet red at his slip up. "I'll stop. Starting now."

"Look man," Amari started. "I just don't want people walk all over you. It's not fun."

Oooh

Of course! It all made sense now! She was a so called pushover like him! Wow. Explains the trust issues, but what about her weight?When Amari first started working out with Viktor she weighed 104 Ibs. Now at 119 Ibs she was starting to look healthier.

"I'm hungry," Viktor changed the subject. Would you like to come over for dinner? I am make a traditional soup from my country. It is called Borscht and it's made with beets and a good beef stock...U-Unless you don't like beets! could make something different."

What the fuck! Ok this man is too fucking nice. Since when do you invite an aggravating bitch to your house? This poor man had to be on drugs.

"Uh. No thanks. I'm not hungry so-" Amari was quickly interrupted by the sound of her stomach. It sounded like an angry dog. She couldn't meet Viktor's amused gaze. The damn asshole caught her in a lie.

"So. You are coming, no? I promise it's really good. My Babushka taught me how to make it," Viktor smiled.

"Your what?"

"Grandma."

"Oh."

Was there really a reason to reject the man? He looked like he had no bad intentions. Maybe Viktor was just a man who needed friends. Hell, Amari needed friends. What was she thinking? No she didn't. All of her "friends" used her. Whatever. Fuck it. She was hungry. If Viktor tried anything she could easily blow his brains out.

"Ok. I'll come."