Versus the Dark Night

Beginne am Anfang

"Not really." I shooked my head.

"No, no." Ryan disagreed.

"Noticeably weird way to put it." Mark continued. Harris made a face, before typing on his keyboard again.

"All right, we got to go to the power plant and see if Grey's behind this." Ryan instructed Mark and I.

I changed into my alien form and super sped Mark and Ryan there.

Mark and Ryan were wearing X Goggles because it's dark out.  I climbed through the small hole that was in the fence and used my X-Ray vision to make sure that no one is around.

"Alright no one is around." I told the boys, signaling them to climb through. They climbed through the hole and took of their goggles.

"Let's see what's going on." Ryan told us, and walked forward. We followed along.

"You seem different." I told my boyfriend.

"Yeah, like.. just less uptight." Mark continued for me.

"Yeah! I guess I am." Ryan shrugged agreeing. "Meeting my birth father took a huge weight off my shoulders."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder if he'll like the fact that his son's dating an alien.

"Oh, was he cool?" Ryan stopped and turned to us as his brother spoke. "When do I get to meet him?"

"Yeah, it'd be cool to meet your birth father." I nodded, smiling.

"I wish you both could now, but it's not safe, as long as there's people out there that could use him against us."

My smiled faded away, but I understand.

"Okay." Was all I could say.

"All right, well, let's get these guys. Because the sooner your dad is safe, the sooner he get to know that you're Mark Walker's little brother."

I rolled my eyes playfully at the older brother.

Ryan chuckled, sarcastically. "Yeah, I don't know how he went that long without knowing that."

Mark was obviously didn't catch on, "Me either, man."

They both walked forward, and I sighed.

"Brothers."

We didn't really find anything that had to do with the blackout. Maybe Spyder was right. Everything seemed to be perfect shape, nothing was blasted or ruined.

"It's so weird. Nothing's busted. No sign of a monster attack. Maybe Grey's not behind this." Ryan spoke up.

I saw Mark's face gaze at something above off.

'Yeah. About that?" He questioned, and Ryan and I moved our eyes to what he was gazing at.

I saw a small patch of red ooze dripping off a power line pole.

Oh, that's not good.

We squatted down to investigate the ooze that dripped onto the ground.

"That's a lot of ooze. It's definitely a monster." I informed, moving my sight to Ryan.

"But what was it doing? Why didn't it destroy anything?" He asked Mark and I like we knew.

I heard electricity cracking and shined it over to the area where it came from. A giant hole was in the power reactor, with red ooze dripping out of it.

"Guys, look!" I pointed to the hole, standing up. The immediately followed me as I got a closer look. "The monster was drilling into this reactor.

"You think it was stealing the power?" Ryan asked us, and I shrugged.