Run for cover!

Maggie

I awoke feeling like a bus had hit me as a pain shot through my pelvic area. Fantastic. It's when Mother Nature decides to rip your uterus into two. You have bloating and crankiness while consuming an insane amount of chocolate.

I not only struggled with that time of the month, but Pat did too. Two women on their periods made for an exciting time in the Gray household.

Pat and I watched a program on TV while sitting on the couch and cried.

"But it's so sad," I said.

"I know."

Nate walked in, confused. Why the hell were we crying? We must be watching a dramatic movie. He saw the Snuggle commercial as he glanced at us. "Christ." He walked over to the bottom of the stairs. "Boys!"

The brothers came downstairs.

"Yeah, Dad?" Noah asked.

"Your mother and Maggie have started."

The brothers glanced at our weeping asses.

"What do we do?" Nathan asked.

"We go to the store, buy them chocolate, then throw the candy at them and run."

Nate wasn't negotiating. The brothers did what their father told them to do. We were weeping messes on the couch.

*****

Nate

The boys and I headed to the store, strutting to the candy aisle with the chocolate. We tossed chocolate bars into the shopping cart, ensuring we had plenty.

"Should we get Ma and Maggie a card?" Noah asked.

"Who gets a girl a card while on their period?" Nixon asked.

"I don't know. Sorry that your uterus hates you or something." Nathan shrugged.

Nash walked away.

"Now, where is your brother going?" I asked.

"Nash is searching for a period card," Nolan said.

*****

Nash

I stood in the tampon section.

"If you buy Maggie a product, then buy this brand." Kat held out a box of tampons.

I took them from her. "Thanks. I don't buy feminine products."

"No worries. Most guys don't. Where's Nix?"

"He's with my dad and brothers buying chocolate and lots of it."

"That bad?"

"Two women on their period at the same time at my house? What do you think?"

She laughed.

Kat and I walked over to the cart. I tossed the box into the basket.

Kat kissed Nixon, glancing at the cart. "Well, you boys have your bases covered."

"Considering Pat and Maggie are a weeping mess on the couch, I would say so," Dad said.

"Take this bottle to them." Kat tossed them a bottle of Midol to Dad. "That should help."

"And that's why I love you," Nixon said.

"It helps when you're the one with the uterus in the relationship." She giggled.

"I'll skip going home," Nixon told Kat as they left together.

"Coward!" I spoke.

Nixon waved.

"Let's get home before your mother and Maggie turn into raging hormonal messes," Dad said.

We left the store, returning with the candy. We tossed us Midol, tampons, and lots of chocolate while Ma and Mags sat on the couch. We left the room.

*****

Maggie

Pat and I shrugged and tore into the candy. When I wasn't a raging hormonal mess, I would need to ask Nash about their shopping trip.

Later, I took a hot bath to relieve my cramps. I climbed into the tub, closed the shower curtain, and lay there. The door opened and closed.

"Mags?"

"Nash?"

"Oh, thank God." He took a seat on the floor next to the tub and leaned back against the wall.

I peeked out from behind the shower curtain at him. "Dare I ask why you're in here?"

Items crashed. "Run for cover, boys!" Nate said.

"That's why I'm here."

"What in the world?"

"Nolan made the mistake of taking a chocolate bar in front of Ma."

"Is your brother dumb? You never take chocolate from a woman while they're on period."

"Young and dumb."

I laughed, then stopped and sat forward in the tub. "I've been thinking."

"About?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"About me being ready to have sex."

He became silent.

"You said you would wait, but I'm ready."

He gazed at me. "Are you sure? Because you only get one first time." He tried to gauge my reaction.

"I know. I want my first time with you."

He leaned toward me. "Okay, but I want our time together to be romantic. Every girl deserves a romantic first time."

"The question is when."

"It should happen when it happens. Maggie, if you're not ready, we can wait."

"Oh, thank God because I'm not ready."

"I knew it! You said that to test me, didn't you?"

I shrugged.

"For that, you'll get it."

"What are you doing? Nash!"

Nash climbed into the tub while clothed and tickled me. I squealed with laughter as he sat back and faced me. I brought my knees to my chest to cover myself.

"Don't worry, baby girl. When sex happens, I'll take excellent care of you."

My cheeks heated. Damn, Nash was hot when he called me baby girl.

The bathroom door opened. Nate stared at us in the tub. "I don't want to know." He closed the door behind him.

We laughed. Heaven knows what the Gray family will assume when we had sex. We could wait because sex wasn't everything to us. There was so much more to us. When sex happened, it would be worth the wait.