When he returned that afternoon he told Kassim about his decision to go and find the princess. Yet, his friend brought him back down to earth, when he asked how Alibaba intended to do that. An island could not be reached by foot, so he would need a boat, for which he needed money. Money they did not have! Moreover, he would need provisions and equipment for an unknown amount of time and for an unknown territory. And in the end there was no guarantee that there even was a princess waiting for help. In case there was one, she could have been kidnapped by another country and interfering with politics was no good idea! No, one should stay out of this mess!
However, logic never had been one of Alibaba's strengths. When he put his mind into something, he would follow that idea until the end – as long as he was brave enough to make the first step on the way he had decided to go. This was his main problem: Not being brave enough to actually do something!
Kassim was different. He was so mature and a true friend. It was him that helped Alibaba to get a boat and the stuff he needed for his little adventure. Even when Alibaba would return empty handed, a journey may be what the boy needed to grow into a man!

*

During his time in the palace as third prince of Balbadd, Alibaba studied the sea territory of the kingdom. There were many islands that belong to the kingdom. Those islands were inhabited, so it was not necessary to look for the princess there. However, there were two islands that were a possibility. One was inside of the boarders of Balbadd, while the other one belong to the Kingdom of Sindria, an ally of Balbadd until now at least – due to the change in politics the relationship with Sindria got worse and it continued to get worse the more Kou took over. Still, Alibaba thought that it would not be a big problem to examine the island inside Sindria's waters. He was just taking a look around and would be gone before anyone would even know that he had been there. Also Sinbad, the king of Sindria, was a nice man and his role model! Sinbad would understand him, when he told him that he only wanted to undergo an adventure, since the king himself was an adventurer. Alibaba had read the adventures of Sinbad and his comrades that now were known as the eight generals.

Alibaba reached the first island without much trouble, at least that was what he told himself. His boat was damaged, he had lost a bit of his provisions and equipment. Moreover, he himself had been injured. A storm had gotten him on the third day of his journey. When he reached the island he had to repair his boat, take care of his own wounds and stock up his provisions. Luckily, the island was filled with fruits, animals – which he could hunt down – and wood. A little jungle, dangerous, but full with everything needed to survive. Of course, he investigated the island and came to the conclusion that no princess was held captive here, so she was on the second choice. Not really surprising at all! Wasn't it always like this? It was always the last place someone searched for, where one would find what one had searched for. He had stayed quite a while in the jungle, because he thought it might be better to wait until his wounds were healed. Fighting against a dragon, while still injured was stupid! Of course, he could get hurt on his way to the next island, yet receiving injuries while still being injured was idiotic and should be avoided – and it should be logical, why one would not want that. With even more confident and excitement, Alibaba set sail to his next destination after his wound had healed. No matter how stormy and unruly the sea would be, no matter how long it would take him to reach the island, even when he had to swim there, he would get there and save the princess! Oh, and he would be the first to see and defeat a real dragon! Well, King Sinbad had been the first to see and defeat one in his first dungeons Baal many years ago, but Alibaba would be the first meeting a dragon outside of one of those mysterious buildings!

*

The second island was impressive. Surrounded by mountains and a giant and high mountain in the middle. The color of the rocks were white, something he had never seen before. It took him some time until he found a place to dock. Since the island was surrounded by rocks it was almost impossible and the little spot he found was easy to overlook, yet he had found it. His plan for the first day was pretty simple. His boat again was damaged, therefore he needed to repair it, because he wanted to leave this places as soon as he had saved the princess. Secondly, he would take a look around. It was important to know what kind of animals or plants could be found in this area. This was important for rationing his food. Lastly, he would rest. Tomorrow he would start to climb up the big mountain. The castle in which the dragon held the princess captive must be at top of it, this was how it always had been in the stories. This all was so exciting! He wished, he could tell Kassim about it! Well, he would do as soon as he was back in Balbadd, but for now he only could talk with himself. Yes, Alibaba felt a bit lonely, which was not surprising since he had no contact with other people since he had left the harbor many weeks – maybe even months – ago. An adventure was more fun with comrades at one's side. But Kassim could not simply leave the Fog Troup, because he was their leader and given the situation their homeland was in, the people needed a symbol of hope, of resistance and that was Kassim and his group. It was naïve to think that way, since such thinking ignored the conflict that rose with it, but Alibaba was extremely naïve, especially when it came to Kassim and decision made by the latter.