Fluff

Playing alone never was fun, even less so, when there were others to play with around, but no one was really up to interact with one. Hakuryuu mostly played with his older sister Hakuei, but she often had other things to do. The other children at the palace were no fun to play with, since they only saw him as prince or at least their parents did and so they did behave strange around him. All he wanted was someone to enjoy his free time with. Adults also were no good as playmates, they had no imagination. They were so boring. However, he loved playing with his older brothers or his mother. Unfortunately, neither of them had much time for him, which he understood, but it still was saddening. When they got older Hakuei also got busier with other things. She had decided that she wanted to be a warrior in her father's army and therefore she did not only attend her "princess" lessons, but also trainings sessions of the soldiers. Consequently, Hakuryuu was left to himself more and more often. At first he just followed his sister, but he was just seen as a burden during training.
The only other child, and the only one that did not act differently around him, was Judar. A boy a bit older than Hakuryuu, with long black hair and red eyes. A strange fellow, so full of himself, which impressed Hakuryuu – but he would never admit that –, always mean to others and capable of using a scary, yet interesting power called magic. The scary adults around the boy called him a Magi, whatever that meant, but it seemed to be the name for someone important. Maybe that was the case and caused Judar to act normal around him, a prince, because they both were of high position? Well, whatever it was, Judar was actually nice to him and was a playmate that did not care about their upbringing. Sadly, Judar was the only one Hakuryuu could play with, but the boy was often traveling the world and when he was at the palace, he was surrendered by those masked priests. So, they had barely any time to play with each other. During the time they played together, however, he always had a lot of fun. Judar knew some nice magical tricks and had some great ideas for new games. Some of those games caused the adults to scold them, but that did not take out the fun in them. Yet Hakuryuu did not like getting scold, especially not by his mother. He was a good boy! On the other hand, he did not want Judar to see him as some boring crybaby. Hakuyuu and Hakuren did not seem to like Judar either. At first Hakuryuu had missed their looks and words, but somehow he figured it out and when he asked, why they dislike the other boy, they did not give a satisfying answer. Just because Judar was a bit rude and overconfident did not make him into a bad guy and Hakuryuu would not say that his friend – his only real friend at that – had a bad influence on him. Why were adults always so judgmental? Well, his older brothers were not around very often – he still loved them to no end, but it made him sad to see his friend and his brothers not getting along with each other all of a sudden – so it was easy to ignore their dislike of Judar. There had been a time, when Judar was pretty welcomed by Hakuren and Hakuyuu, but that changed all of a sudden.

Being at the palace while his siblings were out and Judar was traveling the world – Hakuryuu wished, he could also travel around, because it sounded like a lot of fun – meant Hakuryuu was on his own. His mother and sister were busy with their own things. Of course, Hakuei spent a lot of time with him, yet she had duties to attend to, despite being pretty young herself – the life of the first princess was not a piece of cake. So, when no one had time for him, Hakuryuu was wandering around the palace, which was so giant that it was easy to get lost. The hallways looked the same everywhere, which was not helpful in navigating oneself around. Servants were running around, but none of them paid much attention to the young prince, when he was exploring his own home. To a certain extent this was kind of nice, because no one would ask questions or tell him where he was allowed to go or not. His small height help as well, it was so easy to just overlook him – not that he normally would consider this to be a good thing, because usually people used it to make fun of him. One day he would be at least as tall as his big brother Hakuyuu! He would be a tall, handsome and smart man like Hakuyuu! Well, maybe not as tall, handsome and smart as Hakuyuu, but close to it! Big goals for someone so small. Yet it was the big dreams that kept one moving, right?