Chapter 17 : Sometimes it's okay to ask for help

Start from the beginning

"Please..." he heard you cry out, "LET GO!" you flailed wildly in his arms until you were able to forcibly free yourself from his grip. He called out to you as he watches you run farther and farther away. Something was DEFINITELY wrong. An overwhelming and sickening feeling formed in his gut as his suspicions arose. "It couldn't be..." he thought frantically.

Quickly, Shirabu pushed himself off of the ground and went straight to the classroom. He roughly slid the door open causing all eyes to fall upon him. He looks at them in confusion as he scanned the crowd, the class divided into those who were afraid to look into his eyes and those that were snickering away in the background.

Moving his sights away from them, his eyes landed on the blackboard, the rising suspicion he had making him feel sick to the bone as he saw white powder smeared haphazardly over green. It answered quite a few questions he had but it wasn't enough to show for evidence, especially if he were to accuse someone of committing bullying.

Tearing his eyes off of the board, he set his sights to your desk. The sight before him throwing all suspicions he had out of the window. Your desk and chair was situated where it was supposed to be and was devoid of all signs of harassment and torment. From your earlier appearance, it was normal to think that you were bullied but the lack of evidence present in the room made it hard for him to make a move. If he were to speak out now, he was definitely going to end up with the short end of the stick and quite possibly worsen your situation than it already was. He needed more to protect you, his teammate, but as of now, there is nothing he can do. Yet.

Shirabu clicked his tongue in frustration, "what the hell" he groaned "why did I answer that call."

***

The lunch bell echoed loudly throughout the whole school, the bell causing a series of reactions to escape not only the students but several other teachers as well. Shirabu's class quickly gave their farewells to their teacher and in the blink of an eye; the room had been left almost deserted if not for the few students who chose to remain—him being one of them.

Despite how much he disliked having to hear from the two pain-in –the-necks, he put his phone back together in order to check up on you but much to his expectations you haven't sent a reply to his messages let along make the time to check them. "What a pain..." he breathes, feeling both concerned and irritated.

Shirabu pushed himself off of his chair as he pockets his phone. Briefly, he stole a glance at your desk before making his way out the door and towards the canteen. "Bullying, huh?" he ponders. Shirabu wasn't dense; he knew the exact reason why anyone would ever target someone like you. It was because YOU, out of all the eligible persons out there, were chosen as their club's manager. It was a very simple and scary reason but nevertheless he knew that such a side-effect would occur in time considering how each member was considered a celebrity in the school and one person, specifically Ushijima, was practically worshipped like a god—Shirabu being one such worshipper.

"Shirabuuuun! You're late!" Shirabu cringes at the sound of Tendou's voice. Pulling himself out of his thoughts, he moves his gaze towards his senpai and where the other volleyball club members were seated during lunch. The VIP table, a term he became familiar with upon arriving at the school—whoever bestowed such a title to the table, he could only guess to be Tendou or some alumni who was as simple-minded as him.

He walked towards them with practiced dignity, his calm expression unwavering even when Tendou starts to irk him with questions regarding you, most of his questions falling along the lines of 'why weren't you with him?' Shirabu stopped just at the side of the table, his next words causing each member to fall silent and stop eating. "(l/n)-san is crying and I'm pretty sure it's cause she was bullied" he whispered.