Forbidden, taboo, love

I had gone back to the place where the sarcophagus was, and stared at it, wondering why it looked so damn familiar. Leaning against the wall on the other side from it, I started to get sleepy, when suddenly, I fell asleep, only to again, wake in the familiar but yet unfamiliar surrounding.

I found myself on a bed, my bed, at least here. It was round and huge with black drapes surrounding it and keeping me in. I was in only a wrap top and thin linen skirt that was only a front and a back, no side, being held up by golden silk.

I sat up straight, as I again noticed a large sound on my chamber doors, my own priests having opened them as I put a shall on to be some what modest to who ever intrudes on me in my own room.

I walked out of the black drapes only to see my priests all looking scared at a very pissed off Pharaoh Seti.

"I need you to tell me what Anak su namun is doing with Imhotep!" He yelled at me in anger.

My eyes only widen at the accusing Pharaoh. "I am unsure my Pharaoh, I have not seen much from Imhotep in a long while. And I have just heard of any news about your mistress." I said as I bowed to him before standing up myself.

"I think she is and him are having an affair with each other, I will catch them in the act tonight!" He said and I had a bad feeling about this.

So, I went with it, as it is my job to follow every bad feeling of whisper in my ear. "Wait! I feel like that would be a bad choice, as u feel like if you do so, something horrible will happen to you, your Majesty." I told him as I looked to the ground.

"None sense!" He yelled out then left without another word from me or him.

I'm his high priestess, shouldn't he listen? Maybe I should talk to him, Imhotep about this. Then maybe he'd listen. But I haven't talked to him for a long while, I wonder if he will help....

I sighed, as I look at a table near me and my heart broke a little at the crushed flower of a sapphire lily, to which Imhotep had given me the flower...

A forgotten flower now....

I sighed. "Someone get me Imhotep, now." I barked as I dressed in nothing but my high priestess garbs as today was a day I needed it, since I will be doing more of my job.

Sooner then I expected, Imhotep came, as I was holding the framed flower. Lucky he couldn't see it.

I put on a poker face, and looked at him, as he motioned for everyone to leave which they did.

He glared at me. "What is it you need high priestess." He hissed out.

Hurt, yes, but did I let it show? No, none. "I need you to tell the Pharaoh something bad will happen tonight, he won't listen to me, but I know he might go you." I said in all seriousness.

"How bad?" He asked.

"I am unsure...." I said.

I heard him growl before he spoke again. "Fine."

A small smile came to my lips as I watched him retreat slowly to the doors, just as I out my flower down, did I hear his footsteps stop and comeback.

Confused I looked at him. "What is wrong?" I asked him as he took the frame off my table and looked at it.

"You've still kept it?" He asked, his voice softening.

Sighing I took the frame back, and put it on the table once more, then walked out to my balcony. Imhotep following.

"Yes....I could not let my feelings for you go, so I let them stay, only I vowed to never touch them again." I told him softly hugging myself.

I squeaked as I was quickly dragged in side and thrown onto my bed, where I was then towered over by his large figure.

"Lotus...." He said looking down at me softly.

I looked away tears in my eyes, knowing I was just harming him more then I could bare. "Imhotep, leave....before I call the guards." I said quiet, but yet still heard.

"No....I will never let you go." He said and quickly left, leaving me confused on what he meant if he was just going to leave.

*****

I sighed as I sank in my bathtub waters, today was long and hard, as I was too bless the newly dead before letting the families send them off. That is what a deity of Anubis is to do after all.

I slipped on my black night Ribes for tonight, just as I was bout to lay in bed my room was thrown open and guards came in asking for me to follow. And so I did.

Once there, I see Seti dead and so was Anck-su-namen.

I told what had happened, and I sighed, knowing I had done all I could, we quickly cursed Anck. And buried Seti, where I personally watched over it while Imhotep, Anck.

It was night once more. And I was in my bed, feeling like something was to happen. But what, was the real question.

I sat up, tired and put in a shall, as I was barely in anything at all, a small top that barely covered my top and a low, but covering long linen skirt.

"Lotus..." Imhotep's voice said out of nowhere, and I turn to see the man himself in my doorway, his priests coming in as I was curious as to what they were doing in here.

"Imhotep, what is going on?" I asked as he came closer to me and pulled me to him, making me try to push him away.

"Shhh, my little dessert flower, I'm going to make you mine forever, that way, the gods can't take you away from me, no one can." He said as he quickly kissed me to which surprised me.

At first, I didn't want to kiss back, but soon I had melted lie putty in his arms and kissed him as much as I had wanted in the years we were apart.

But I pushed him away, as I shook my head. "We can't risk it, I don't want either of us to die!" I yelled scared and started crying.

"Don't worry, no one will be dying." He said as he came up to me, and quickly, I was once again asleep.

****

I woke to sounds of gunshots and screams, to which I immediately jumped up and ran to go help, not noticing the slight shake to the sarcophagus as I left.