Chapter Three

Richie looked up at the Kaspbraks' home with a slight smirk tugging at his chilled lips. When he left his house, it was just past 4 A.M. The sun hadn't even come up yet. For him, sneaking out of the house really wasn't hard. He simply walked out the front door and left. He knew each time that nobody would realize it. If they did, they just didn't care.

Richie slowly walked over to the house to keep his steps quiet and scanned the wall for the familiar cracks and surfaces. Like a nimble spider, he quickly pulled himself up the wall. Once he was level with the window, he peeked in. The room was completely dark besides the small area by Eddie's bed where a night light was plugged into the wall. Richie grinned to himself softly and carefully slid the window up enough to squeeze into the room. He muffled his grunts as his stomach pressed against the wall. He grabbed onto the wooden desk that was just to the left of the window and used it to keep his balance as he pulled his legs into the room.

Once his whole body was finally inside, he carefully shut the window then looked over toward the bed where his sleeping boyfriend laid. He tip-toed over to the curled up boy and slowly crawled onto the bed beside him. He kicked his shoes off, knowing that Eddie would have a fit if he didn't, and laid down beside him. He then gently moved his arms around Eddie's small frame and pulled him against his chest.

Eddie shifted slightly and a tiny mumble made its way out of his mouth. Eddie's head slowly moved to rest up against Richie's chest and his body slowly curled up against him. Richie rubbed Eddie's back with his cold hands and kissed Eddie's forehead softly. He laid like that with him until the sun started to lighten the town and flood into the room.

Richie looked down at Eddie's sleeping face and gently traced his cheek with his fingertips. He then leaned down and left soft kisses across the sleeping boy's cheeks.

"Eds" he whispered softly. Nothing. He chuckled softly and left another trail of kisses down his cheek and to his lips. He pressed two kisses to his lips before he rested his forehead against Eddie's. "Hey, Eddie Spaghetti" again, nothing. Richie sighed softly and gave up. He laid his head down on the pillow and rested his hand against the boy's side.

"You give up too easily" Eddie muttered under his breath just a few minutes later. Richie raised his head to look at Eddie and slowly grinned. Eddie's eyes were still closed but he was obviously awake.

"When did you wake up?" Richie kept his voice soft to avoid being heard from outside of the room.

"When you kissed me. Like I was sleeping beauty or something" Eddie peeked his eyes open to look up at Richie. "Good morning"

"Morning, how dd you sleep?" Richie ran his fingers gently through Eddie's hair. His touch was relaxing and could have easily put Eddie back to sleep.

"Pretty good, how did you sleep?" Eddie moved his hand to Richie's chest and very gently gripped his shirt.

"Good, but I missed you"

"Oh shut up" Eddie blushed and slowly sat up. The blankets fell from his torso to expose Richie's shirt that he had slept in. Richie eyed it and a wide smile snapped into place.

"You sneaky thief" Richie chuckled softly. Eddie followed Richie's gaze down to his shirt and grinned also.

"You literally gave it to me" Eddie messed with the end of the shirt.

"To wear for one day. Not to permanently steal" Richie's eyes stayed on the shirt. His heart felt as though it was a puddle. Eddie wearing his clothes never got old and every time he saw it happen, warmth would overtake his body.

"Well, I'm not sorry" Eddie teased as he crawled over Richie to get to the other side of the bed. "Still on for breakfast today?"

"Of course" Richie moved his arms behind his head and watched as Eddie got out of bed and stretched out his muscles. "Unless your mom wants to go on a date instead"