Chapter One

Eddie ran his fingers through his hair slowly as his eyes glanced over the worksheets that sat in front of him. His lips pressed to the side while he tapped a pencil against the desk gently... POP!..Eddie tilted his head toward the noise, trying to shield his ear and keep his focus.

"If x equals that, then-.." POP! Eddie let out a loud groan as he snapped his body around in the chair to face the tall lanky boy sprawled across his bed. "Richie, I swear to god, if you don't stop popping that gum I will literally strangle you with it!" The boy hissed, causing Richie's eyes to widen with a loud laugh to follow. Eddie rolled his eyes and turned back to the desk where he read the same problem over again for the third time.

"Come on Eds. It's Friday, you have all weekend to do that shit" Richie sat up on the edge of the bed closest to Eddie. "Let's go out and do something. I bet the others are out having fun right now"

"Then go be with them" Eddie snapped, his fingers gripping his pencil more firmly. "This stupid assignment is like half of my grade, Richie. I need to get this done"

"It's Fri-"

"Shut up! Please!" the boys fell silent and Richie frowned slightly. Guilt filled the pit of Eddie's stomach automatically. He set his pencil down and stood up from the chair. He turned to Richie and walked over to sit beside him. Richie watched him with a slightly confused expression of the boy's switch of moods. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm stressed, I really shouldn't take that out on you" Eddie moved his hand gently to cup Richie's cheek.

"I'm sorry too" Richie sighed and pressed his lips against Eddie's forehead softly. "Get your work and come over here" he pulled away to move up to the head of the bed where he rested his back against the headboard. He spread his legs to leave enough room for Eddie between then and waited. Eddie did as he was told. He grabbed the textbook, his papers, and his pencil then crawled up to Richie. He sat so Richie's long legs were on each side of him, his back to the taller kid.

Richie reached forward and squeezed Eddie's shoulders gently, smirking as Eddie let out a happy sigh. Eddie went back to doing his work while Richie gave him a gentle massage and hummed a melody that he formed in his head. He loved when Eddie would read out loud to himself. The reason was kind of unknown. It was just cute to him and the beat of his pencil tapping mixed well with his melody.

It took Eddie a while, but when he finally finished that last problem, he dropped his pencil and let out a relieved sigh. Richie had stopped his massage about a half an hour beforehand due to falling asleep against Eddie's back with his head on the boy's shoulder and his arms tight around his waist. Eddie carefully turned his head to kiss Richie's.

"Richie" he talked softly, gently playing with his hair on the opposite side of his head. "Baby?"

"Hm," he barely mumbled his reply. He inhaled sharply and barely peeked his eyes open to look directly into Eddie's. "Shit. Sorry" he grumbled as he tried to lift his head from Eddie's shoulder. Eddie wasn't having it though. He tightened his fingers in his boyfriend's hair.

"Don't go" Eddie whined playfully, planting soft kisses over Richie's cheeks. Richie chuckled and drifted his lips over the small shoulder under his face, leaving a trail of soft kisses to Eddie's soft jaw. Eddie's smile only grew as he lowered his hands to hold Richie's. "I'm done my assignments"

"Finally" Richie's laugh was low but it still made Eddie roll his eyes. His smile didn't disappear though which was a good sign. "What do we do now?" He asked, tracing little hearts on Eddie's side with his finger.

"Whatever you'd like" Eddie's cheeks started to turn pink as he felt the gentle tracings on his side. "We can stay in or we can go out. I don't mind either choice"

"Feeling kind of lazy" Richie mumbled, resting his head against Eddie's shoulder again. "But I don't want to bore you"

"You? Bore me? No, never" Eddie's soft voice was like ballad music to Richie's ears. Not the shitty new stuff, but the old beautiful tunes that could put you to sleep. The songs that could make the deepest feelings in the darkest areas of your mind come forward. Those tunes.

"Hm, well, I say we cuddle and watch a movie then until you have to go home" Richie slowly reached around to brush a strand of hair back from Eddie's face. Eddie's crooked smile only widened as he slowly nodded.

"Sounds perfect. What will we watch?"

Eddie woke up to the sound of his watch beeping at him. Richie's long arms were still wrapped around his small frame and kept him close and protected. Eddie groaned softly and lifted his wrist to look at the watch. '7:05 P.M' stared back at him. He sighed heavily and tried to unravel Richie's limbs from his body without waking him. Unfortunately, he had failed.

"What? What's wrong?" Richie quickly sat up, his eyes shooting around the room. He then groaned and ran his hand over his face tiredly. "Dammit, you have to go don't you?" Eddie nodded as he packed his things back into his backpack. "I don't want you to!" Richie let out a pitiful whine as he flopped over onto the bed, laying perfectly on his back right beside where Eddie was gathering his things.

"Oh, hush. We can hang out tomorrow" Eddie smiled, looking down at the upside down face. "Anyway, I can't stand your snoring" he teased.

"I don't snore" Richie mumbled, his bottom lip poking out into a pout.

"Sure you don't" Eddie laughed and leaned over to kiss Richie's pouty lips. "Walking me home?"

"Duh," Richie wormed his body around so his legs were off the side of the bed then pushed himself up from the mattress. During this, Eddie had already removed his pill box and took his medicine. He swallowed it down with water, his eyes never leaving Richie. "Can't have you walking those streets by yourself, can we?"

"I hate that you have to come back by yourself though" Eddie sighed softly once he lowered the bottle. "You know, with Bowers out there"

"Hey, don't you worry about me. I am basically superman" this got Eddie to laugh which added a grin to Richie's face.

"Superman? Really?"

"Hey, you've never seen him and I in the same room have you?"

"Haven't seen you and Mickey Mouse in the same room either" Eddie rolled his eyes and took his taller kid's hand into his own. "Does this mean you're him too?"

"Ho! Ho! How did you know?" Richie talked in a high pitched Mickey Mouse tone. Eddie's laugh filled the room as his body hunched over.

"You're such a loser" Eddie spoke in between breaths as his laughs slowly stopped. He shoved the bottle of water into his backpack then zipped it up. Richie took it and hooked it over his own shoulder then lead Eddie out of his room then his house.

"You and me both" Richie chuckled, giving his boyfriend's hand a soft squeeze. "That's what makes us perfect"

"Perfect" Eddie repeated and rested his head against Richie's arm as they walked. "Perfect for each other"