That grin again. Carm gently tugged at Laura's hand. Her body dragged forward as Laura was too entrapped in Carmilla's eyes to walk. Once where she wanted to be, Carmilla pulled Laura in close, snapping her out of her trance. Moving one step with her left foot, Laura stopped her before she could make another.

"I know what you're doing," Her hand on Carmilla's arm, "You know I can't waltz."

Carmilla chuckled, "Which is why I'm leading."

"Nooooo Carm! This isn't one of those books you read! Nobody knows how to waltz anymore! This isn't 1698!"

"Really? Then why am I here? You're my date, you waltz," That shut Laura up, "Besides, waltzing was a bit of a scandal back then."

Laura scoffed, "How is waltzing scandalous?"

"Well," Carmilla offered Laura her hand, beckoning with her eyes for the smaller girl to take it. Reluctantly, she did, "Partners were face to face. Chest to chest."

She snuck a hand to the small of Laura's back, pulling her ever closer.

"All of that...whirling..."

Spinning her once, she brought her back again.

"In 1698 it may as well have been sex." She stopped, their fingers locking together as Carmilla kept her eyes on the tiny one. Chuckling at her inability to speak, she continued their dance.

Laura let her head rest on Carmilla's shoulder. She tried to focus more on the movements rather than what just happened, but she couldn't. It gave her shivers. Obvious shivers that she knew Carmilla noticed every time her fingers caressed Laura's back. After so many seconds, she could hear a sound near her ear. Feel a vibration against her chest. Trying to ignore it, she let her previous curiosity get the best of her.

"So, we're having sex right now?" She asked with as strong a voice as she could, but the shakiness betrayed her.

"Hm..." Carmilla's hand pressed deeper against the smooth skin, "Trying to keep with tradition Cupcake?"

"What do you mean?"

Lifting her head, letting her forehead rest against Laura's, their circle stopped. Carmilla's eyes were dark with lust. Her grip on Laura unwavering.

"The tradition where I take you to prom, show you a good time. All that you could want of this night."

"I like that idea." Laura had to lick her lips to answer. Her throat was completely dry.

Damn seduction eyes.

"Then I sweep you away to some place in secret and fuck you senseless." If eyes could glow, Carmilla's were doing it.

Knees quivering, eyes growing, her mouth agape, Laura felt a heat radiate throughout her body. The words were like bells ringing in her head. Continuous. Loud. Inviting. How could Carmilla affect her so badly?

"Still like the idea of tradition Cutie?" Carmilla used her index finger to close the smaller girl's mouth. Her finger grazed Laura's bottom lip. Her own mouth eliciting a shudder.

The dance began again. This time in complete silence. Laura was trying to calm the fire licking at her body. Along with fighting the confusion of her own feelings with Carm. The mentioning of sex didn't help at all. She doesn't know how long she was deep in her own thought process, but she realized mid-twirl that maybe she had loved Carmilla all along.

Loved?!

Their pasts were nothing short of a relationship. How had she not noticed? Why did they pass it off for a friendship for so long? How did it take her so long to feel this? Does Carm? Her thoughts were broken by Carmilla's voice. Speak of the devil.