Stay

"Well, if you had a handcuff fetish, it's over. Lolita Morgan has been cuffed and currently enduring a not-so-comfortable cruise to prison where she awaits trial." Bob came bouncing through the door, shaking off his jacket.

"Um..." Laura gave him a look as Sherman came trudging behind.

"Yeah, thanks for the visual kink there, Bobby Boy." Carmilla cringed. The image of her mother in handcuffs was supposed to be something joyous, something to smile and be relieved about. Bob's version made her want to forget every BDSM she'd ever seen.

"Eh...It's better than-. What's that word the kids at the shelter didn't want us saying?" Sherman hung his coat up next to Bob's.

"Moist?"

"Yeah! Moist!"

"No! Ew," Carmilla groaned, her head falling back against the couch arm, "Stop saying that word!"

"Carm? What's wrong with 'moist'? Moist is just a word." Laura looked from her father to the groaning equivalent to a grumpy cat beside her.

Of course, you don't know. You really are a cupcake.

"Please. Don't. Say. It. Again," Carm swatted at Laura's shoulder, "I will walk out of this house right now."

Quickly, Laura wrapped her tiny limbs around Carmilla's torso, burying her head against her neck. Lips on her throat, she whined, "No you won't!"

Chuckling, Carm's arms coiled over the warmth above her. Her nimble fingers rubbing her back in a comforting, circular motion as her lips kissed blonde hair.

"No. I won't." She promised.

Good thing I was too lazy to take any luggage into the hotel or else I'd be screwed. Good thing they can't tow my car. Thank the gods for laziness.

"Anyway! You don't have to worry about your mother anymore. Of course, we need pictures of the bruising and you have to testify against her in court." Sherman huffed as he removed his shoes.

"Whatever you say, Sheriff. As long as she's gone. Let's do this," Carmilla stood to her feet, eyeing a grumpy Sherman with a camera in hand humorously, "Why are you so upset, Hollis?"

"...Bob wouldn't let me stab her."

..........

"So many pictures! Why so many-"

"Oh, hush and come to bed," Laura kissed her cheek. With no more words, Carmilla followed her upstairs.

Sherman and Bob watched the ascent.

"Now who's moist?" Sherman scoffed.

"UGH!" Carmilla groaned, closing Laura's bedroom door while the older couple cackled downstairs.

.............

"You're not going to leave right?" Laura asked. They lay in her bed, tangled together.

"No, Cupcake. I'm here to stay." Carmilla answered sleepily, only vaguely aware of how many ways her words could go. She meant it either way.

"Good." Laura smiled to herself.

Silence fell over them, dim light coming from the bathroom falling on Carmilla's backside.

"Carm?"

"Yes, Cupcake?" Carmilla sighed, just wanting sleep.

"What's wrong with moist again?"

A pillow to the face and she got the hint.

A/N: WHAT'S UP CREAMPUFFS! I know this chapter was pretty short. But I could be nice and post an extra chapter to make up for it...if you wish.

ALSO! If you haven't heard, I@HeartofCupidsArrow have started a new story here called NEVER LEAVE. I will also be posting the first chapter after the prologue today. SO, CHECK THAT OUT! STAY BEAUTIFUL ALL!