1698

You're welcome ;)

The gym was beautiful. The ceiling had stars dangling by nearly invisible strings. There was a fountain with gentle flowing water. Rose petals everywhere. It was lovely. Perry and Laf were standing against a wall near the punch bowl as Laura and Carmilla waited in the entryway with some of the other arriving students for their first prom picture.

"You look beautiful." Carmilla put an arm around Laura's waist, smiling down at her as the photographer let the camera flash.

Laura had given up counting how many times Carmilla had called her beautiful- not including the two times in the Hollis house. All she knew was that each time got the same reaction. Blushing. Carmilla enjoyed every moment of flushed Laura; but she was speaking in honesty. She always thought Laura was beautiful; She only just had the courage to say it out loud tonight. Everyone thought Carmilla didn't have a nervous bone in her body- even Laura. Nobody knew that only Laura gave her a reason to be nervous. Well, almost everyone.

"You two look amazing!" Perry squeezed them both as they approached their friends. The two matched in color, a light blue-dark blue contradicting combination that was nothing short of fancy- which was perfect with the A Night at the Ball theme.

"I love the Beauty and the Beast 21st Century upgrade guys," Laf squeezed Carm's shoulder, giving Laura a one-armed hug, "Although, I think it'd be better if Carmilla had paws to match."

Growling playfully, Carmilla mused their hair, "I have fangs Frankenstein. Don't make me use them."

Laf pulled their friend down to their level, a twinkle in their eye, "On me or Laura?"

A tiny shove, Carmilla rolled her eyes and slung an arm over Laura's shoulder. The smaller girl wrapped an arm around Carm's waist. The contact made her skin tingle, completely unprepared. She played it off, re-positioning herself.

"You look lovely Perry." She smiled at her friend, trying to ignore the feeling.

"Oh. Thank you Carmilla." Perry was astonished. Carmilla seldom gave her a verbal compliment, unless it was for her cooking.

Carm nodded, a slight grin accompanying it. Even if she was broody and a constant fear to Perry because of literally everything about her, she loved her friends.

"Yeah she does!" Laf spun Perry to the dance floor.

"Nice talk!" Laura called after them.

"Get your butts on the dance floor." They cackled at them, dipping Perry swiftly.

Blushing, Laura looked to Carmilla. She had hoped that she would get a returning nervous glance back. Boy was she wrong! That wasn't a scared look. That was a patented Carmilla Karnstein seductress look. That was the murder of Laura Hollis.

You're not making this any easier Carm. I'm confused and shaky and you decide to throw that at me?!

"What's the matter, Cupcake? Scared I'll upstage you?" Carm winked at her, eyebrows dancing with humor.

"Ha," Laura forced out a laugh, "In your dreams, Karnstein."

Carmilla, keeping that lust filled gaze on her tiny date, grabbed her free hand. Bowing, she kissed her knuckles. Peering over her eyelashes, she smiled devilishly, exposing her bright, sharpened teeth.

"Let me make yours come true tonight, Laura." Rising slowly, watching those doe eyes dilate, "May I?"

"Oh-Okay..." She could barely speak, the words coming out as more of a whisper.