12. Knowledge

Executive decision! I'm updating twice today. The next chapter is going to have the prophecy in it so it might take a few days.... 😁😊

The commotion at the door made me look up. "We have to tell him!"
"We can't! He already tried to kill you!"
"It wasn't him! You know that!"
      "Percy! Listen to me please!" There was a moment of silence before the door flew open. Percy walked in. I could see Annabeth's blond hair swinging behind her as she marched away.
      My eyes strayed to Percy's. I noticed he hesitated when he met my eyes. We stayed like that for a little bit, him standing and me sitting. Finally Percy took in a sharp breath.
      "What do you know about prophecies?" Percy's eyes didn't waiver.
      I shrugged. "The Oracle says something. People get sent on quests. Some one usually ends up dying. It comes true. Something along those lines."
      Percy rolled his eyes. "You haven't heard anything else?"
      "How could I? I'm not exactly allowed to come and go as I please." I gesture around me to the almost empty "room." Everybody knew it was a cell. They just didn't call it that.
      Percy paused. "You haven't heard anything from the gods?"
      I hesitated. Do I tell Percy? Do I trust him?
      Julian Glynn. The voice floated through the room. Percy's head snapped up, searching for the source. The Seven will hold you back.
      "What do you mean?" I stood up, my eyes searching the room.
      The Seven will hold you back. They do not want you to reach your full potential. They know the power you hold.
      "Who are you?" Riptide was in Percy's hand.
      They know who you are.
      My eyes strayed to Percy's. He froze. They did know. A pressure I didn't know was there lifted from the room.
      Percy met my gaze. "Julian. I—"
     "Do you know?" My voice was quiet.
      "Not for certain. We have an idea." Percy slowly capped Riptide. "There was a prophecy. But we don't know—"
      "I need to hear it." Percy hesitated at my command. He slowly nodded.
      "Follow me." I followed Percy as he left the room. It was weird to be outside again. The sound of weapons clashing sent a shiver up my spine.
      Percy noticed. "You haven't had much training, have you?"
      I shook my head. "Mostly just with my bow. Not a lot though. I don't really need anything else." Percy nodded.
      "You should get used to hand to hand combat at least." Percy pushed a door open. I hadn't even realized where we were. The door Percy had opened led to the Fifth Cohort's barracks. I gulped as I stepped inside.

Claimed by Twelveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें