4

Chapter 4

It was the top of the 7th and it was 1-0 Rockies. Kris Bryant just doubled on a sharp line drive to Ian Desmond in left field. I had just started returning from the bathroom at that time and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a familiar face smiling back at me as she stood there in a Kris Bryant jersey and jeans. 

"Georgia?!" Jessica Delp smiled brightly at me and I laughed slightly as I stood there in one of Nolan's huge Rockies sweatshirts that looked like a dress on me and black leggings. 

"Jess?" I smiled and she nodded, opening her arms as I hugged her tightly. "What are you doing here?" I laughed, stepping back to look at her. 

"I'm here to watch Kris! We got married!" She stuck out her hand and I gasped, looking at her ring. 

"Wow! Congratulations!" I smiled brightly and she pulled her hair behind her ear. 

"We wanted to invite you but you're no where to be found! We tried calling your family but the number was disabled and same with yours. It doesn't help that you don't have facebook or instagram or anything!" She sighed and I laughed, nodding my head. 

"Yeah, I'm an old soul!" I smiled, looking out at the field. 

"Now what are you doing here?" Jess put her hand on my shoulder and I turned around to face her. 

"Um, I'm um, I uh-"

"Just catching the game?" She giggled and I laughed softly, nodding my head as my cheeks turned red. 

"Yeah!" I sighed, smiling softly. 

"Here, come sit with me and all the girls then you can see Kris after the game!" She grabbed my hand and I laughed softly as she dragged me behind her back to her seat. 

"Jess, who is that?" One of the ladies laughed and Jess rolled her eyes as she brought me over to the section where all the wives and girlfriends of the Cubs players were. 

"This is Georgia Manna! She is an old friend of Kris and I's from high school and she actually set us up together!" Jess smirked and I nodded as I looked out at the field at Nolan as he smoothed the dirt out in front of him. 

"Well, Georgia, you have on the wrong colors!" One of the girls laughed and I quickly turned around. "Tina Lackey!" A girl with blonde hair stuck out her hand and I smiled, shaking it gently. 

"I bet we have a single guy who would be interested in you, you're gorgeous!" Another girl smiled brightly and I laughed softly, my face turning red. "Julianna Zobrist!" She waved and I nodded in acknowledgement. 

"Rizzo!" Jess gasped and I looked at her as everyone gasped. 

"That'd be perfect!" Tina laughed softly, shaking her head. "Could you imagine that?!" She tapped Julianna's shoulder and her jaw dropped. 

"They'd be adorable!" Julianna smiled and I just looked out at the field trying to avoid the awkwardness. 

I spent the next inning listening to how Anthony Rizzo and I would be perfect together. In the bottom of the 8th, Nolan got up and I stood up watching intently. He went deep into the count and ended up singling to left. I clapped loudly and he looked up at me and took a double take before giving me a strange look. I just smiled brightly, clapping as he laughed softly, shaking his head as he took off his batting gloves making me giggle softly as the Cubs' wives still talked about how perfect I'd be with Anthony Rizzo.