2

Chapter 2

I walked into the apartment I shared with my girlfriend of 3 years, Georgia. I dropped my bag down on the table by the front door and walked into the living room. All the lights were off and I smiled softly as I walked towards our bedroom. I walked in and saw her laying in the bed, the TV still on the station my game was just on. Her long black hair tied up in a bun and the covers wrapped around her small body. I smiled as I walked over to my closet, I pulled off my clothes and pulled on a pair of old sweatpants before climbing into the bed. As I laid down, Georgia's eyes opened and she smiled up at me. 

"Hey." She mumbled, smiling as she closed her eyes again. 

"Hey babe." I whispered, kissed her head. "Go back to sleep, we'll talk in the morning!" I pulled the baby hairs that were too small to be pulled back into her bun behind her ear and kissed her forehead. "I love you." I whispered, rubbing my thumb against her cheek. 

"I love you too." She mumbled before dozing off again. 

---

I woke up and rolled over reaching for my girlfriend but instead my arm hit an empty space. I opened one of my eyes only to see nobody next to me. I sat up, running my fingers through my hair as I looked around. Just as I was about to stand up, Georgia came walking into the bedroom in one of my many Rockies shirts, a bowl of cereal in her hands. 

"You're awake!" She smiled and I laughed, watching her climb onto the bed. "Want some?" She looked at me with her big blue eyes and I laughed, shaking my head. 

"I'm good but thanks!" I smiled, laying back down against the pillows looking at the TV. "You're coming today right?" I looked up at her and she stopped chewing. 

"Where?" She looked at me and I just stared at her. "Of course I'm coming!" She giggled, continuing to eat her cereal. "Did you really think I wasn't going to go?" She gulped, placing her half full bowl down on the stand next to our bed. 

"No I just have to check sometimes!" I laughed as she laid down next to me looking into my eyes.  

"What's up?" She gulped and I shook my head, looking at the TV. "Nolan, tell me what's wrong!" She sighed, looking at the TV as the interview came on. She watched intensely. When it finally ended, she just stared at the TV as I stared at her for what seemed like hours. Finally, after a long period of awkward silence, she cleared her throat looking back at me. "Let's do it!" She smirked and my eyes lit up. 

"Do what?" I gulped and she laughed, shaking her head. 

"You know exactly what I'm saying!" She giggled, running her fingers through my hair as I just stared at her blankly. "If you want to tell the world that we're together, go for it!" She smirked and I sat up quickly. 

"Really?!" I gulped as she sat there nodding her head. "Like 100% okay with it?!" I smirked and she nodded. "Like, we can go out in public and eat?" I smiled brightly and she nodded, laughing softly. 

"Like we can go out in public and eat!" She giggled, grabbing my hands. I grabbed her face in my hands and kissed her forehead before jumping out of the bed. 

"I have to tell DJ!" I laughed loudly, grabbing my phone as Georgia laughed softly, watching me. "No, first I want to go out to breakfast! Let's go to a diner!" I froze and Georgia smiled, nodding her head. 

"Let's go then!" Georgia giggled, clapping as she rolled off the bed. As she walked over to her closet, I ran up behind her picking her up, spinning her around. 

"I love you so much!" I laughed , placing her down then spinning her around to face me. "I love you so much!" I smiled and she giggled softly, looking up at me with those big blue eyes of hers that made my heart melt. 

"I love you Nolan Arenado!" She smiled, draping her arms around my neck. 

"I love you Georgia Manna!" I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist before leaning in, kissing her passionately.