chapter 27

"STACY!" I yelled entering my home.

She appeared to be watching some type of boring documentary on the telly and fell asleep on the couch.

"STACY! "I yelled even louder and closer to her  since she didn't even move a muscle  the previous time. 

"Wha-!" she started but was interrupted by the contact the rug had made with her face.

"ouch" She said laying on the intricate carpet.

You have to love gravity. She's lucky she didn't hit the table, too."

"I'm back," I said with a smile I was sure I'd have for weeks.

"Yeah, I noticed," She said, slowly getting up. "You know I could have died of a heart attack, right? You scared the sh!t out of me."

"So I guess you're too stunned to hear what I have to say, am I right?"

"Is it about Niall and a certain relationship? " She asked. She's a really good guesser.

"Yes! " I said and her eyes widened.

"Oh my God. Shut. Up!" she said standing up abruptly and suddenly forgetting about the pain I had supposedly caused her.

"I know!" I said feeling the vibration of my phone in my jean pocket.

* From Niall-the-sexiest-man-alive *

              Hey there Princess

The text read, and I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. Niall is just so cute and cheesy. He just makes my heart flutter without even trying.

"Awee," Stacy awed, peering over my shoulder. "That is so cute."

"I know," I said with a smile on my face, that recently never seems to disspear. And it's a great change. Certainly a lot better than constantly feeling down. Somehow, Niall and the rest of the boys seemed to change that. Even if it's just the short amount of time I spend with them, or simply texting them, they seem to lighten up my day better than any one else. Proabably because they actually try.

* To Niall-the-sexiest-man-alive *

          Hey there stalker 

I responded. The rest of the night seemed to go on like this, with us teasing each other and saying funny remarks. We went on like this until of course, Niall asked if i didn't have school tomorrow, and the answer to that was yes. And as much as I was reluctant, I knew he was right and I had to go to sleep. Stacy was far ahead of me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Next day*

For once I had been early to school. Stacy had forced me to come 15 minutes before school started, and i was not happy about this at all. All i was doing was using my phone while Stacy was chatting with all her friends. I could easily be doing the same thing in the comfort of my home, but no. 

I could just feel people poking holes at me with their judgmental eyes. As if i were an anomaly, an aberration to human kind. But, it's not like i wanted to be like any girl here. Mostly all the girls were slutty, stuck-up, popular, which is basically all of the above combined. Very few of the girls weren't like this. Although, I don't want to be like them, i can't help but wonder what it would be like to be, well, liked by them. It's not like it's weird for a young girl to want to be accepted. Or at least not made fun of everytime she turns the corner. Of course, not every one can get what they want, and unfortunately I'm one of those people.

"Hey, look what we have here," Someone said standing in front of me. "You know, sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at you, or pity you."

I heard everyone started laughing, and the j@ck@ss who made the remark was snickering.

"Hey, you want to hear a joke," Another guy said coming into the room. He had the most silliest smile. He also looked nice, but looks can be pretty decieving.

"Nah, man. It's okay, I'm looking at one right now," The first guy said with a grin.

"Mike stop," Stacy warned.

"You know, guys like you are why girls turn lesbian," I said standing up and walking away. This is actually the first time I say something back. I'm never the girl that speaks up. And although it felt great, this took so much courage, I don't even think I'll ever be doing it again.

I slowly made my way to my locker so I didn't have to be around those people anymore.

Soon the bell rang and I was on my way to my class.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

*Lunch time*

"Hey, do you think this has a lot of calories?" Stacy asked, going down the lunch line.

"Stacy, of course it does, it's pizza," I answered. "And since when did you start caring? You always eat the pizza. "

"It's about to be summer, Liz. I have to start getting in shape." She said taking an apple and sitting down.

I rolled my eyes at her answer. Stacy had a great body. She wasn't too skinny. She had amazing curves that looked  great in everything she wore.

The table we usually  sat at was surrounded by popular people, otherwise known as the people who simply don't get tired of bullying me. It was mostly the cheerleaders that for some reason, always wore their revealing uniforms.

I could hear them comment about me. "Do you see what she's wearing?" "did she get those shoes at the dollars store, or something?" "That girl has got to do something about her hair." Everything was superficial.  It always is. 

"Hey, Stacy." Kaitlyn said.

"Hey," Stacy said, less cheerfully. I knew the  only reason they were sitting with us was because Kaitlyn had to finish a writing assignment with Stacy. Although I hated sitting here with her, I felt even worse for Stacy's even bigger misfortune.

"I'm not sitting here if she is," Kaitlyn said referring to me.

"Are you serious?" Stacy asked clearly annoyed.  Stacy is very difficult to annoy sometimes, just saying.

"Yes," she said rolling her eyes.

Stacy just looked at me with pleading eyes, hoping I would understand. She was asking me to go, But she didn't want to stay with them either.

I stood up with my lunch tray in hand and searched for Josh in the crowded cafeteria. There was no sign of him anywhere. There was no other empty table in the entire cafeteria, and there was no way I was sitting with any other person here. Just to be made fun of? No thank you.

So I made an extremely desperate decision and went to the bathroom. Yes, I ate my lunch in the bathroom.

But it's not like it has been the first time either.

_______________________________

  Heyyy. so i recently started writing a poetry book called "A Poet's Diary" it would mean alot if you read it.

thank you :*