Chapter 37

The rest of the school year went by without a hitch. We all got accepted into the colleges of our choice and would be heading in our separate ways once the summer was over. We vowed to make these next few weeks unforgettable and to forge many memories look back on when we felt upset or alone.

Ali and I had found an apartment to rent together near the UCLA campus and this felt like it was the start of the rest of our lives together. We would be able to wake up together and fall asleep together, I was hoping this would be able to put my nightmares to an end finally. The past few months my nightmares had been sporadic and I knew it was all thanks to Ali and the relaxing effect she had on me.

We'd had a few slight problems here and there but nothing that we weren't able to work through together. We'd learnt so much about each other and grown so much as a couple. I was proud of the woman Ali was growing up to be and I knew she was proud of me too. In fact I was proud of all of my friends, we would all be heading out to try and achieve our dreams in life.

Spencer and Aria had decided that although they knew they could work as a couple in different states they in fact didn't want to and so Aria had applied for and got into the same college and Spencer and they also had found an apartment to share together. Their relationship was blooming and they could hardly be separated unless it was deemed absolutely necessary.

Hanna and Caleb were heading to New York. Hanna going to study fashion in college and Caleb had managed to get himself a job in I.T at a prestigious company which paid very well and came with great benefits including a snazzy company car. They also would be sharing an apartment and Caleb had in-fact  proposed only a few days earlier. Hanna obviously had accepted and they couldn't be happier together.

We had all graduated with ease and our graduation day had been an amazing experience. We had received our diplomas one at a time but once we made our way on stage as a year group we had all managed to find each other and be photographed together with smiles on our faces and our arms linked.

We celebrated in style in Spencer's barn once again and like usual we had drank too much and partied too hard. We played several drinking games including truth or dare and never have I ever, however Spencer had kicked off once someone had suggested jenga and we all agreed it was in everyone's best interests to not play that particular game. The morning after had been interesting with everyone hanging out of their asses and unable to move any further than to the couches where we stayed for most of the day watching movies and trying to recover.

All of our parents had then taken us out for a celebratory meal the next day and it was a nice experience for everyone to be together as one big happy family. Hanna yet again had managed to not only eat her own three courses but all of Arias left overs as well. She had mentioned how she was going to miss having the little one around to fill her up without her having to pay extra. Caleb had promised that he would keep her well fed with the extra money he would now be earning.

Other than that our days had been spent all together enjoying the last of the time we had with one another. From all sitting together at The Brew enjoying the taste of the coffee for what may be the last time in a while to watching movies and having sleepovers in Spencer's barn. We promised each other that every Christmas and summer we would all meet up as a group no matter how busy our lives got or what direction we were heading in at that particular time.

The last week was the hardest as we knew our time together was drawing to an end. It got highly emotional and it soon got to the point where we would just look at one another and the tears would flow thick and fast. We'd made a decision to all leave on the same day so that no one would be left behind to dwell on the memories. At least when we reached our destinations we would have many distractions in our first few weeks, from moving in to our apartments, freshers week and then starting our college courses.

As we all stood around the parked cars outside of Spencer's we hugged each other multiple times and allowed the tears to flow freely. This was it, the start of a new beginning and whilst I was excited to see what college would bring to mine and Ali's lives I was also anxious to leave the others knowing how much I had depended on each and every one of them over the past few years. We had almost become one, not being able to think or act without the others knowing.

We said our final goodbyes before we got into our separate cars and pulled away one at a time and headed in our separate directions. Ali and I had not even reached the end of the road by the time both of our phones went off with message alerts. It was the group message.

Hanna: I fucking miss you all already.

The end.

A/n

Thank you to all that have read and enjoyed this story. I have ended it due to the fact that it was not living up to the standards that I had set myself. This is due to multiple factors including my small word count for each chapter and the fact that it was in first person. I personally find first person hard to write in however I have learnt a lot from writing my first fanfic.

I am writing a second as of right now and will begin to publish it once I have the first few chapters ready. This time it will be in third person which allows the viewpoint of multiple characters and for me to fill out the chapters with more detail. Of course it is another Emison fanfic and I hope you all enjoy reading it.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this fanfic. :)

Reliving lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें