Chapter 34. The last challenge

Harry POV

"You two what?!" Father asked while we were sitting at lunch. 

"Tom, calm down. We didn't touch any of them we just took matters into our own hands." mother tried to calm him. "Severus, I love you, a lot. But I don't want you near the dungeons ever again. That's for you too, Harry. You could have gotten hurt!" Father orders and I nod.
This could have gone worse. 

"And what did you do with them?" Grandma asked while grabbing the butter.
"We put Lupin into Greyback's pack. I was right about him being an Omega. Then we put Dumbledore into isolation and Tonks back to the others." I explained and ate my cereal. "But what was the point of placing her with Dumbledore before, just to put her with the rest again?" Neville asked

"So she could deliver the news to the others. We will treat them nicely, give them food and ways to clean themselves. After pushing the guilt around, the will start accusing Dumbledore, their leader. And when they are on their peak of hate against him, we will put Dumbledore with them again, and they will basically tear him up." mother replied.
"But not before you did your last task, Harry. Today will be the last lesson, and then you will get access to our magic." grandmother stated and made me go with her into the living room. 

I sat in the middle of the carpet, grandmother in front of me. "Close your eyes Harry" she said and when I shut my eyes, I was transported to our magical core again.
I had six ancestors to go, and then I would be finished, I guessed.

A woman appeared before me, wearing a black dress, similar to the one I wore for Halloween. Her hair was covered by a big black hat, and her green eyes sparked.
"Hello there, little one. My name is Lizza Prince, I am one of your many ancestors, I fought in the first big wizard war in the middle of the 1800s. I fought for our rights, so I want to know: Will you stay loyal to our magical race?" I didn't need to think twice. 

"Yes ma'am I will." 

She nodded and left again. Her daughter appeared immediately after.
"Hi, youngling, I am Sophia Prince. I grew up in between the first and second big wizard war. I know how hard it can be as a Veela, and this magic won't make it any easier. So tell me, little one, are you safe?" She asked, pain in her eyes.
I nodded my head slowly, and while she vanished, I heard her saying: "I am glad."

A man took her place, but something seemed off with his eyes. They were a light grey, not green like the rest.
When he didn't look me up and down like all the others, but stretched his arms out to touch me, I understood.
He was blind.
"Hello to you, young man. I am Richard Prince, and I know you wondered what happened to my eyes. I am a victim of abuse. When I was a child, I was kidnapped, and around that time, I was blinded. It took me years to accept it. I feel that you are carrying pain with you, deep down in you. I won't ask you a question, but I want a promise from you. I want you to start accepting what happened, and don't let your past define you. Can you do that for me?" I nodded my head quickly, wiping away a single tear on my face and said: 

"Yes, I will try."
"That's all I ask for." 

The next person I knew all too good. There stood I, just even more feminine. There was my girl version.
"Hello, Harry. I am Eileen Prince, but you knew that already. I am the first Prince to break my promise to Lizza Prince and marry a muggle. Let me tell you, it wasn't my choice, but his. The Snape family was an important family at that time, Tobias Snape had the money I needed to provide for my father, and I didn't see another way but to marry him. I was able to take care of my father, yes, but I was never happy with my husband. So please promise me, Harry, to never marry someone just because of their status and money." I nodded waited to see my mother, but I had to wait some time until he appeared.