Chapter 1

Wren gathered up her books and packed her bags. She was making her way out of the class when she bumped into Todd Summers, their schools hottest guy and captain of both the basketball and swim team.

"I'm sorry," she muttered lamely, bending down to collect her scattered books.

She was surprised when Todd bent down to help her as well. He picked up her sketch book that was lying open and scanned it.

"I...that's...it's not yet done."

He smiled and shook his head. "It's beautiful," he said, looking into her eyes.

She smiled shyly back. He stood and offered her his hand. She took it and he helped her up.

"See you around," he told her before walking off.

Wren stood staring after the path he had walked off to still not believing that Todd Summers had talked to her. To her!

She happily hummed a tune as she walked out from the school, her mood elated and joyful.

Her joy was short lived however as she read the text on her phone from her parents.

Airport now!!

***

Wes was sitting beside a middle aged woman in the plane. The flight was eight hours and the woman was talking to him non- stop. He could see other passengers giving him pitiful looks.

He couldn't understand it. He was so close to her yet she was speaking as if he was ten meters away. Wes had chosen a window seat so he could enjoy the outside view and watch his cooking show in silence. But no! This woman was dead set on having all of his attention.

He knew he couldn't blame her, he was a handsome looking devil (his own words) after all. With a height of 6'5 and solidly built, Wes turned the heads of many women. His face was chiseled to perfection with thick but perfectly arched brows, eyes gray with a sliver of blue around the irises that was covered with long and dark eyelashes, a strong nose and square jaw leading up to high cheekbones.

Wes was flattered but even he knew where to draw the line. When two hours passed and the woman was still bragging on about how her ex had jumped off a bridge when she told him she was leaving him. Wes couldn't help but feel a bit of envy at the woman's ex. Even now, he himself was thinking about jumping off from the plane if that would mean he would be free of this bothersome woman.

He had to pretend to be sleeping in order for her to shut up. But even then she had to ask the air hostess for peanuts and was loudly munching away with her mouth open. He could swear some wet bits of chewed peanut ended up on him. When he got home he was going to take the longest shower of his life.

Five hours into the flight and she finally slept. However, Wes would have preferred her to be awake because now she was using his shoulder as a pillow and was letting it, mind you, rip every so often.

He had immediately called for an air hostess and asked if there were any empty seats he could transfer into.

She gave him a look of sympathy and went to check. When she came back with good news, Wes shook the woman off from his shoulders and in his eagerness to get away he climbed over her. The seat was an aisle one but Wes wasn't going to complain about that.

Alas, he was free from that horrible old woman.

He managed to catch up on some needed sleep and was awakened three hours later as the plane touched down.

Wes was getting his carry bag when a stunning woman excused herself and passed him. Being the playboy that he was, Wes smirked to himself and followed after her. He was a pro at this and was very discreet when checking her out.

Nodding at passerby's he stole glances at the woman's firm ass and long legs. He was a master flirt and was working up a plan to woo this woman and probably get lucky in the process.

Wink. Wink.

"Honey," he heard a man yell. His eyes trailed up to a bald man who was bulging in the waist. He was in a suit that was probably screaming in agony because of being stretched in the seams way too much. Wes had to give the buttons props for holding on.

To his surprise, the woman whom he was just admiring ran into the open arms of Mr. Penguin. They hugged tightly and kissed, and not even chastely to his horror.

Wes nearly gagged at the sight. He clamped a hand over his mouth and closed his eyes in order to shut out the gruesome image before walking on. Some flight attendant's passed by him, giggling as they glanced at him.

He smirked, his ego reclaimed. Throwing his shoulders back and puffing out his chest with his head lifted arrogantly, he sauntered off.

As he trudged on he saw a nice looking girl coming out of a café. She was definitely alone.

Another potential victim.

He quickly walked by, dropped his keys near her feet and walked on.

This was one of his most popular tricks and it always worked out well for him. He smiled and began counting in his head.

1. 2.

Before he could get to three he felt something slide between his feet.

It was his keys.

***