ristretto

; a short shot of espresso

—————

a strong smell of coffee, warm yet bright vibe framed the process of grinding coffee.  it is a vintage style of café. wood is the main complement for the chair — except sofa — and table. 

it was afternoon, around 4, the best time in the world for a cup of coffee. better served both hot n cold!

macchiato is the world most favorite. but for her, ristretto is her favorite. despite for its taste, it brought her to the best encounter of her life.

while preparing for her own coffee, ristretto, someone's entered the café — Dan's Café & Bookstore — with long coffee-coloured coat. it was autumn. one of her favorite season.

with patience, he waited for her. although the co-workers were willing to call her for him to be served, he blocked them. or someone volunteer to replace her receiving his ordee, he refused. it was one of his tactics. to admire her, from the very front table, just across the order area. 

at last she finished, and also drank it at once. she went back to the order area, just in the time he stood there.

"hi," he held his breath as she looked up to his eyes, "uhm, i, i, i would like the coffee that you drank."

"ristretto, isn't it?" she asked. 

"uh, uhm, yeah!" he replied, although he didn't have any idea what was that.

"your name, sir?" she asked, while doing her shits on the touchscreen order receiver (idk what it's called).

"kim taehyung" he replied, giving his card to pay and also having chance to slightly touch her hand — or finger. 

"take away or — "

"imma drink here"

she smiled, showing her eye smile, "okay. please wait untill you are called." she said and handed the card that he gave.

he smiled back, slightly looked at her name tag — han haeun — before turning back to his seat. 

5 minutes later, his name was called by her. he stood up and went to the pick up counter. she just put the cup nicely, and turned away as her name was called. 

"haeun ah! your shift has done. you can go now," her co-workers said. 

"okay," she replied short. 

she was about to go, until he grabbed her wrist — he got a long arm — and made her to turn back at him.

"you will be here tomorrow too, won't you?" he asked, quite in hurry and panic way.

she frowned a bit but then remembered that she was still in her work place. Luckily it was quite empty there. 

"yes." she shortly replied. 

"thanks." he smiled in the end and released his grip.

she strode away. he took his coffee to his table. minutes later, she came back with her things, smiling and waving goodbye to her co-workers.

"beautiful." he mumbled, sipping the coffee and almost threw up for its bitterness.