With each passing minute, I was observing changes in my eyesight. Even a few minutes before, it was like a black TV, all I could see was gradations of grey. But, now brightness seemed to seep in like a newly developed photograph. It was interesting that new colors were pushing back the dark edges of darkness. Was I seeing emotions through colors? If so, was I right to assume he was extremely mad? And getting madder?

Interesting. I did again just for experimental purposes and he stopped my hand in midair.

"Stop doing that." He held my hand tightly.

Hmm...the dark color was becoming brighter. It was now a light red. The air was getting warmer. What emotion was this?

"Uhm, nothing." My heart beat fast. He let my hand go. I took a breath of relief.

"As you wish," he said. It took me a minute to understand he was responding to my earlier outburst. I was shocked to see there was no indication of any emotion in his voice. He sounded rather indifferent. But the red was still there, not as bright as before, clinging to him like a tarantula. "Try to get away if you can." Was he shrugging his shoulders?

How I hated his feigned indifference! His mysterious words! This vampire was driving me crazy. I would get away asap, nothing would change in my life. I would not be intimidated.

"Fine, then let' get a divorce." Surely, there was that option. "How do we do it?" I hope it wasn't as far fetched as me saving his life.

He laughed. His laughter was getting on my nerves. "There is no divorce option. Till death do us apart, dear Di."

"I'm done. This is nonsense. I won't have this."

"When the thirst hits you, don't drink water, will you? It makes it worse."

"What thirst?" I stammered.

"Did, I forget to mention it? You will need me to survive."

"Excuse me?"

"The sacrifice has to be accepted. If you deny it....Well, you'll feel thirsty, starved. Both for my body and blood."

"I'm not drinking blood like a vampire. And, to think....to think I would thirst for your body! What utter nonsense. You overvalue your charms!"

"Damn it, Di. The die is cast. Don't you see?" He grabbed me so suddenly that I had to hold onto him for life. Before I could utter any complaints, his lips were on mine. It was not an innocent kiss, not a sweet brush of lips, not a tease. The kiss was demanding, hot, passionate and I couldn't pull away. I arched up to his perfect chest, wanting, seeking his body heat. My breathing quickened against his. My hands worked around his body, venturing over his firm back, moving to the muscles of his arms. "Di," he whispered out of breath, desperate. He nuzzled my face with soft kisses. They were so faint, yet so deadly. They could stop my heart in any minute. A smoldering heat made me burn. His breath washed over me, the nickname seduced me, killing all my brain cells. Thinking was overrated. I wanted more of his kisses. I wanted to pull him closer, leave no space in between us. He was my Dream man.

He pulled away. I stared at him. Not moving. Not understanding. Not registering. This was not happening. I'd made a fool of myself. After I'd promised never again. There was no Dream man. It was a myth.

The bright red light glimmered all around him. It was fiery hot, warming my face. Now I knew what it meant. Passion.

"Your body is definitely as I remember it. Tolerable," he said. Tolerable? I was going to kill him. That would surely undo the mating.

Was he not affected? He was surely pretending. If I'd not seen the color, he could have me fooled.

"I told you so. You won't be able to resist it," Samuel went on brutally.

Was he serious? What had he done to me? He'd taken away my free will. How else could I explain this sudden attraction? I would resist it. I was not a slave to my passions.

"I'll be fine, no worries. You worry about yourself!" I shouted.

"I am the King of Vampires, woman. I am strong enough to resist your charms."

He turned his head to the crowd gathering in front of the room. They'd been waiting, watching all this time. Great, I'd had an audience.

He lifted me up, my clothes all bloody and sticky. I didn't resist it. Didn't complain. Didn't bother shouting. My heart was still beating fast. Instead, I held him tightly and buried myself in his neck as we passed the vampires in the doorway. I couldn't help but notice some had dark colors around their heads. Pitch black color. What did that mean?

"Clean up this mess and then I want to talk to each one of you," he ordered.

I hugged him tighter. I was embarrassed. I wanted to hide my face. And, the least I owed him was to make sure I dirtied all his clothes.

I sniffed him silently, basking in his body heat. What was wrong with me?

As always, thanks for reading

Alena