"Rude?"

"Yea Avery".

"When Jerry busted in like that I couldn't help but notice your reaction.  You seemed if you might have reached for a weapon and was ready to pounce?"

"I noticed that myself and keep thinking on it, but nothing so far".

"Hmmm....maybe Your some type of police, military, or bodyguard. We'll check into those avenues later. As for now, sleep".

I turned to go and heard him say. "Nite Avery".

"Nite Rude".

Closing my bedroom door, I leaned against it and thought to myself, oh Avery girl what are you doing?

As a last thought, I locked my door because Jerry was right, I didn't truly know this man or what he could be capable of. True, I didn't seem frightened by him nor did I think he'd harm me but better safe than sorry. Then seeing his reaction to Jerry sent off a few red alarms. The moves he made were no ordinary moves. They had to be taught, trained in some form of arts.

Waking the next morning I tiptoed around as not to disturb him. Once at work I seeked Lana out. As usual I found her at the back table puffing away on her cigarette while having her morning coffee. Grabbing a mug of hot stuff as well, I slid in beside her.

"Have I got a tale for you". I said with a mixture of excitement and worry.

"I could've assumed that seeing how you rushed out of here yesterday and never returned my calls".

"Sorry about that".

I quickly filled her in on the happenings in my life.

"Wow, just wow Avery. I mean I don't know what to say. Your usually so careful, so straight arrow.  Now it's like this guy is your drug. Just be careful and yes, I'd like to meet him. See who this stranger is that has my girl acting crazy".

"I am not" I said in my defense. "I'm just helping him. It's all temporary".

"And Jerry?" She questioned arching her brows.

"Jerry is still Jerry. He's my boyfriend and it's really not like that".

I decided to leave the tidbit out about our rather awkward encounter after his shower last night. No need to get Lana all in a tizzy.

"Are you sure Avery?"

"Yes Lana, I love Jerry". I stated.

"So you taking this Rude guy to Jerry's talent thing tonight?".

"Son of a biscuits". I exclaimed smacking my hand to my forehead.

"I forgot all about that".

"Uh-huh" Lana said giving me a knowing look.

"No really Lana, it's all the commotion that's going on it simply slipped my mind. And I don't know if I'll take him. It would be a good chance for the two to get to know each other".

"If you say so Avery."

Getting frustrated with Lana for her snide remarks, I stood up and tossed my apron on. "Really Lana? Could you at least support me?"

I said stomping off. The rest of the morning I was in a grouchy mood and barely mumbled two word's to Lana. Who's side is she on anyways?

Before clocking out for the day, I grabbed a few burgers and fries then headed home.

When I walked in my apartment I was a tad shocked. Rude was on his knees underneath my kitchen sink. Hearing my entrance, he scrambled up and to my delight was shirtless once again.

"Hey Avery. Hope you don't mind but I noticed there was a leak under here and decided to fix it".

Catching myself gawking again I had to do something to distract myself from this beautiful man. Holding the sack of food up in front of his face I said. "Hope your hungry, I brought lunch".

Not waiting for an answer I started unpacking the food onto the counter. "Thanks for fixing the leak". I said still not facing him for fear of actually doing what was in my thoughts, which was stroking that hard chest.

Hearing a little snicker come from him I peeked over my shoulder and to my relief his shirt had been replaced. Handing him a burger I took a seat on the couch where his neatly folded blankets laid over the arm rest.

After we finished up eating I refilled our water glasses and said. "Jerry dabbles in magic. You know card tricks, illusions and such. He's doing a talent search show tonight. Why don't you join us?"

Leaning back, he arched those wonderful brows. "Sounds great and all, but I'm not sure Jerry will appreciate my presence".

"Don't be silly, besides this will give you two the opportunity to chat. Not to mention save me from boredom. These thing's bore me to tears and I love Jerry and all but his magic is tragic".

Rude laughed. "Fine. You twisted my arm and I can't say no".

Giving him a winning smile I stood to throw our left over wrappers away.