"Gahhhh I love it! Hurt like a Mother though!"
"Mia precious, you just had a bunch of needles poke ink into your skin. It hurts."

It's finally late enough that we can start getting ready. We go to Rin's favorite salon and get our hair done. I pick something classy but still a bit rock.

We decided to get ready at me and Mia's place

We decided to get ready at me and Mia's place. Bae is handling all the party prep with a little help from his friends, especially Big Bang. Hearing he was going to propose, they all went into bro mode. Teasing and harassing him, but supportive and helpful anyway. We thought we would be in the way over there. Besides, I can't let Rin figure out the surprise portion of the evening.

Mia and I are so excited. We can barely contain, but we can't let Rin know what's happening. I have to throw my arms around Mia at least twice to get her to stop vibrating like an anxious Chihuahua. We put on our outfits for the night. I picked a red dress. Red is Ji's favorite and I wanted to show him that I pay attention to the things he likes. But I still made it me by adding a black leather jacket and some wicked studded heels.

 But I still made it me by adding a black leather jacket and some wicked studded heels

Mia and I rent a limo for the night. We're going to be drinking, and I'm not going to drunk crash my brand new car. We have some champagne in the limo and get loosened up to party. By the time we pull up to Bae's place we are ready to have a good time.

We walk in and Bae greets us all. Hugging HyoRin close to him and kissing her softly. Ji comes out from behind him and stops in his tracks. His mouth drops open as he walks to me. I let him take my black leather jacket and he lets out a low whistle as he circles me.
"Damn girl," he bites his lip and gives me the up down with his eyes, "are you sure we gotta stay?"
I roll my eyes a bit and he wraps his arms around my waist. He kisses my neck just under my ear.
"Because...as much as I love this dress. It would look great on my bedroom floor."
I swat his arm and purr in his ear, "Later baby. Just wait for me hmm?"
He groans just a little and then gently bites my ear lobe.

"Get a room!" Bae shoves Ji a bit.
"Oh we will," I say pulling Ji into the party crowd with me.
I spot Mia, already chatting very closely with T.O.P. There are allot of familiar faces and a few I don't recognize. Bae has set up a stereo, a mic, my favorite guitar, and a mixing board up. There is some music playing and people are milling around chatting. Nobody is dancing yet.

Ji and I are talking to some of his friends when we hear Bae start calling for everyone's attention.
"Hey yo everybody! Gracie where you at girl?!"
I smile at Ji and squeeze his hand. He gives me a nod of encouragement, and I make my way up.
"Gracie, get the party started. Rock us out girl!"

I walk up to the setup Bae has ready and strap on my Baby Blue. I look out at the expectant crowd and hit a lick. Running my hand up and down the neck before I launch into Love in an Elevator by Aerosmith. I don't think the crowd is expecting it because when I look up Ji and the boys are all standing at the edge staring at me slack jawed. When I sing and even do Steven Tyler's screams I see Seungri smack JiYong's arm. I see him mouth WHY YOU? Then, Ji points at me then looks back at Seungri and mouths MINE. He gives him the most boastful smirk I've ever seen and I almost miss my words. Before I know it Mia joins me and starts doing the backup parts. T.O.P let's a wide grin spread across his face. Now, Seungri slaps his arm, and mouths YOU TOO? He shrugs and watches Mia. Bae is to busy looking around and fooling with the ring in his pocket. He's next, and he's nervous.

I finish with a flourish, and wink at Ji. He gives me the I'm gonna eat you later face that he knows drives me crazy. I wink at him and bite my lip.
The guests go nuts and I do a little bow. Mia laughs a little and winks at T.O.P.
"Ok ok thanks, let's hear from our host."
Bae takes the mic and I sidestep to let him up. He looks down and then at HyoRin.
"Actually I have prepared something for my beautiful girlfriend...Rin could you come join me please?"
HyoRin timidly walks up and Bae takes her hand. She looks over at me and I give her an encouraging smile. I switch Baby Blue over to acoustic and start playing Patience the way we practiced.

Bae sings it beautifully as I knew he would. I back him up on the harmonies as tears fall to my guitar, knowing these words are perfect, and he's about to ask the most important question of their lives. He finishes the song and the guests cheer for him.

I softly play my guitar. Trying to set the mood. He drops to one knee and the guests gasp and cheer.
"Rin, I want to tell you that you're the love of my life. I want you by my side for the rest of my life."
He pulls the ring from his pocket and the guests cheer again. Rin puts her hand over her heart and starts to cry.
Bae continues,"What I want to know is, will you be my wife?"
She nods and says yes. Bae slips the ring on her hand.
Half of the guests are crying and all of us are cheering.
Bae lifts their hands showing everyone the ring.
"Now let's really party!" Bae turns on a thumping beat of a song and encourages everyone to dance.

I make my way over to Ji. He's talking to the other Big Bang members.
Seungri is sulking,"All I'm saying is, you, SeungHyun, and YB all have super hot girls. How did that even happen?! I'm the cute sexy one!"
I laugh and take Ji's hand. Seungri sees some girl he knows and darts after her. Daesung shakes his head and smiles into his wine glass before setting it down and heading out to dance. T.O.P and Mia are already making out in a dark corner.

JiYong leads me outside to a patio. The only light is the glow through the glass door. He holds my hands then looks me in the eyes. I don't think I will ever get used to how intense his gaze is. His chocolate brown eyes smile when he does. He pulls me in, and says,"So...you sing."
I press a finger to his lips,"Don't even think about it. Not interested in singing for my supper. I play music. That's it. Cool?"
He kisses my finger, "Cool.....so I have something to ask you too."
I raise an eyebrow at him.
He turns me around so that my back is to him. He slips something around my neck.

I look down to see a heart shaped necklace with his initials engraved on it

I look down to see a heart shaped necklace with his initials engraved on it. I turn back around and smile. I give him a soft kiss.
"Thank you, it's beautiful."
He gives his gummy smile then blushes and rubs at his ear.
"HyoRin helped me pick it out when you helped Bae with the ring."
He takes my hands again.
"I want to ask you to be my girl. I know you already are, but I never officially asked you."
I wrap my arms around his neck.
"With all my heart."
He wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles into my neck. He kisses up my neck then passionately on the lips. When he breaks away he leans his forehead to mine.
"It won't be easy, but we'll be together. I know it might be a little soon to say this...but I love you Grace."
"I love you too. It is a little soon, but it feels right. I know it won't be easy, but you said I'm worth waiting for."
He nods
"Well...you're worth fighting for."

For the first time in years, as JiYong kisses me again, I pray. I actually thank God for this man, this family, this life. They really have been my saving grace.