New moon

Book 1

Chapter 13: New Moon

"Are you sure about umn... Going for the trip today?" Abdullah stammered, finding a suitable word for honeymoon. For Gods sake he can't even say that? How shy..

I couldn't wake up to prayer. To be honest, this whole waking up for Fajr on time is new to me. It's no secret so when he woke me up, I told him I'm tired, not to bother. But for some eerie reason, I couldn't go back to sleep. I lay down watching him as he prayed, his face still bright with smile. He sat on the praying carpet, waiting for my reply. He knew I wasn't sleeping... I don't know how he knew though.

"Yeah, I'm sure" I affirmed. He nodded.

"I guess no more sleep for you if we want to catch the next flight" he rose from his sitting position, folding the praying carpet.

"Where are we going?" I asked, pulling the covers over my head. I'm too tired to get up, but I have to.

"It's a surprise... Like this house. Do you like it?"

"Um.. I haven't seen around but I'm sure I'll love it. I'll love everything you have" I smiled.

"Me too. I'll love everything you have"

"Anything? How about loving what I want? Like a breakfast and taking the next available flight not this one, I really need three hours of sleep" I yawned and he laughed.

"Okay, whatever you want"

"Is That a promise?" I laughed.

"Yeah, is that a threat?" He arched an eyebrow.

"Stop been cute and answer me!"

"I'm cute?" He sounds baffled. "Okay. It's a promise then" his hands over his heart.

"Haha, for the record you are. And I'll like an early breakfast please" I pouted.

"Whatever you want" he called as he leaves the room. "I don't want salt in my eggs" I shouted. I fell to sleep, smiling to myself. Maybe I should make the honeymoon a bit longer. Breakfast in bed doesn't sound bad!

•••

Abdul still haven't told me where we are going. I tried to keep cool because I don't buy patience.

"Where are we going Abdul?" I asked, once we've boarded the plane.

"Haha, for the thousandth time, I'm not telling" he stuck a tongue out. Really? He's enjoying this, apparently.

From the name of Aircraft we boarded, I guessed we were going somewhere Arab countries. Finally, the captain hijacked Abdul's plan by announcing where we were going. "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. This is flight A330 to Abu Dhabi..."

I turned to him with a smirk. I couldn't stop laughing. "Abu Dhabi. Is that where we are going? I'd love to see the tallest building." It was time for me to stick my tongue out.

"This guy has ruined my plan. Urg! Anyways I have lots of surprises for you" he grunted. It was my time to tease him saying I'd figure out all his surprises before it happens until it was time to take off. I held my breath. I hate flying. I normally seat beside Aisha and hold her hand as thou my life depends on it until we've finally levelled in the skies. In her absence, I gripped the chair. The pilot announced we may encounter a little turbulence but it's normal due to the harsh weather making my fears worse.

"Are you okay?" Abdul inquired. I was sweating. I managed a nod quickly.

"Hey... What's wrong? What's going on? Look at me...?" He was panicking.