02

The whole team and Korn's friends celebrated in their usual bar where Phubet would always perform. It was cozy and near the university, a perfect place to have fun. It wouldn't be a problem if they drank to their heart's content.

"Cheers! You guys did your best today. As a treat the first round is on me!" Their coach exclaimed.

The whole team cheered. Even Korn's friends who weren't part of the team raised their glasses to toast.  They were close to the team's coach so it wouldn't be a problem if they joined in. The all cheered louder than usual knowing it was for free.

Victory tasted better with free drinks.

Korn was smiling from ear to ear after scoring the winning goal while his lovesick best friend forced another smile.

Yiwha's words still rang in Knock's mind, making his relationship with Korn feel uncomfortable. He followed Farm's suit who was already in his third glass. Not even 10 minutes had passed since they started to celebrate.

Knock sighed and paid attention to the glass on his hand. Korn then sat beside him, leaning his weight on his right side.

Knock let Korn use him as a cushion. It had become a habit for Korn to be this way with Knock.

While he took comfort on Knock's  body, Knock felt like his heart was filled with pins as it beats.

The one thing he wants was so close and yet out of reach. He could never say 'I like you' to his best friend. That would be a death sentence to his relationship.  Knock would rather swallow the words and love one-sidedly than to lose his best friend. He might go crazy if he lost Korn.

He laughed bitterly at himself, consuming in one straight shot the large glass of beer on his hand.

"Something wrong?" Korn asked, innocently closing the distance between their faces.

Knock smiled and sighed at the same time. He shook his head and pushed Korn's face away.

Knock drank so much that he couldn't remember anything the following day. He woke up, finding himself alone in his bed with a splitting headache that made him swore to never touch anything alcoholic but he was sure he would still do so when the opportunity came.

He sat up and slapped his cheeks, forcing his tired eyes to open bigger. Knock got off the bed and went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. While doing so, his front door opened. He was blinked dumbly as an unfamiliar male entered.

Knock blankly stared when the male noticed his presence and smiled at him.

"Good Morning. I brought you breakfast."

No response.

"Aww. You don't remember? I'm Mew. We hooked up last night."

"Hooked up?" Knock stupidly asked.

The male who introduced himself Mew nodded, putting the breakfast he bought on the counter near the refrigerator.

"Yeah, Hooked up. We kissed. Touched each other among other things." Mew was too nonchalant about the details while Knock was extremely embarrassed.

"So you mean?...." Knock swallowed hard. Did they do it?

Mew laughed finally understanding what he meant. He kissed the hungover male on the cheek. "It's still too early for that. I clearly remember telling you that I don't just fuck. I date. You were the one who kissed me by the way."

Knock was too busy to process everything that was being said that he didn't notice his best friend Korn walking in on their conversation.

"Uh... Is this a bad time?" Knock turned his head so fast to his front door and saw an awkward looking Korn with a plastic bag filled with food. "I can just visit another time."

"I can explain."

Shit.

------

I think it's obvious that I don't plan out my stories well but from the looks of how this chapter ended, I could say that this could end in about 10 chapters at most?

ciao.