♗ Seven ♗

(5 years later)

Y/n's POV:

It's been five years since I left Valley Forge, my sister got married and I was still single, not a single man had interested me and I never stopped thinking about Alexander. Though I always thought he probably already married Sally and was still fighting in the war and never thought of me once. Honestly, I wish I had told him I liked him before Sally came along, before we both stopped speaking to each other, before we yelled at each other, before I even left. I wished I had told him a long time ago. Now it's been five years and I have never gotten over the fact that it was all my fault that our relationship ended the way it did, it's my fault.

Alexander's POV:

It's been five years since Y/n left Valley Forge, I broke up with Sally and I hadn't gotten together with anyone else, not a single woman interested me and I never stopped thinking of Y/n. Two years after Y/n left, there was a winter ball and I wished she was still here so that we could have gone together. I thought she probably went on and married someone by now and was living happily with them. I thought she probably already had a child and was living a happy life without and never once thought of me. I wish I realized that I liked her sooner, before Sally, before we stopped speaking to each other, before we yelled at each other, before she left. I wish I realized I liked her a long time ago. Now it's been five years and I'm still blaming myself every single day for not telling her how I felt and that that was the reason our relationship ended the way it did, it's my fault.

The war has ended and I couldn't stop thinking about her, I didn't care if she was married, I was going to go and apologize to her. It took some time but I found out where her parents lived and I was going to their house to see if there was any way I could get in contact with Y/n.

Y/n's POV:

I never moved out, there was no need, I wasn't married to anyone and my parents were more than happy to keep me at home until I did find the right man.

It was a warm September day when I was in the kitchen making some bread with my mother when suddenly there was a knock on the door. "I'll go get it." My mother told me before putting the bread in our oven and walked to the door. I wiped my hands off with a rag and began cleaning up. "Y/n, it's for you..." My mother said walking into the kitchen. I was confused because no one ever came to see me. I quickly put away the things I had picked up and walked to the door.

I opened the door and my heart dropped to my stomach, there was the man I thought I would never see again, "A-Alexander?" I said astonished he was even here. He looked nervous and hesitated before speaking, "Y-Y/n...we need to talk..." He told me. I nodded, I was too stunned to say anything. He took a deep breath before speaking. "Y/n, I know it's been five years and we haven't spoken since and I know you're probably married now-"

A small chuckle escaped my lips which made Alexander give me a confused look, "Alex....I've not even been together with anyone since I left...." I said a bit sadly. He frowned before continuing, "Y/n...I love you. I've always loved you! I've to just been too arrogant to tell you that I did like you when we were back in Valley Forge."

My eyes widened in shock, "W-why don't you come in, w-we can talk inside." I said holding the door opened for him. He walked in and muttered a thank you as he did. He looked around the house before a lead him to the living room where we took a seat.

"S-so...you like me?" I asked this all felt like a dream. He nodded and I could tell he was growing more and more nervous. I felt my face grow hot and I smiled a little bit, "I...I love you too Alex." I said to him. His eyes widened as I said that, I could feel my heart racing and wondered if he could hear the loud beating of my heart. Suddenly his lips smashed into mine and he pulled me closer. His lips were soft and warm and it felt so magical.

He pulled away after a few seconds and his face had turn pink. "I-I'm sorry, I should have asked before-" But I stopped him by smashing my lips into him again. When we pulled away, I smiled, "There's nothing to be sorry about."

THE END

A/n:

Thanks to everyone who voted and enjoyed the story! I have a poll up asking you guys what story you would like to see next and the link to the poll is in my bio. Thank you all again!