♗ Four ♗

Y/n's POV:

I was sitting with the other nurses in a small circle as we ate our disgusting firecake. "It's awful seeing how many people are dying from the cold." I heard one nurse say. "I know, it's such a shame." Another one replied.

"Did you hear that the general is planning on going to another camp?" I heard another nurse say. "That would mean we would have to pack our things and follow them. It's going to be a hassle carrying all the medicine." Said another.

I quickly finished up my firecake and got up and left. I walked into the hospital cabin and saw Alexander sitting on a bed waiting patiently. He quickly stood up once he spotted me. "Y-Y/n!" He said with a nervous chuckle. "Hamilton, what brings you in today?" I ask as I walk over to him. "O-oh, there's some discomfort in my arm that was injured awhile ago." He told me. "Alright, sit down then." I said motioning him to sit down on the bed.

I sat down beside him and he took off his coat so that I can examine where his injury was. Though, when he took it off, my face became extremely hot and once again the strange feeling in my stomach that felt like I was sick but also like I wasn't if you know what I mean.

"L-lets have a look, shall we?" I say as I found where he was injured. "Mhmm, there doesn't seem to be an infection which is good, it's probably because you've been moving it to much." I said to him. He nodded and began putting his coat back on. "Thanks Y/n." He said.

"A-Alexander? Is it true that we may be leaving Valley Forge soon?" I asked him standing up. He sighed and nodded bit, "Yes, but that won't be until June." He said to me. I nodded, "Alright, thanks." We stayed in silence for a few seconds before Alex stood up from the bed. "I have to go now." I nodded, "I guess I'll see you later." I said before he turned around and walked out of the cabin.

After I was sure he was gone, I looked into a mirror that was in the cabin and saw that I looked like a tomato. "It's just because it's cold." I mutter to myself.

(The next day)

It was a calm peaceful morning, it was somewhat warmer than most days and many of us appreciated that. We were all minding our own businesses and doing what we were supposed to be doing. That morning, Charlotte had helped me fetch some clean drinking water for the injured men who were in the hospital. "Thank you Charlotte, that's all I need help with today." I told her. "You're welcome Ms. Y/n! I'll see you later!" She said before running off.

I picked up the two buckets when suddenly I heard screams. I turned my attention to where I heard the screams and saw red coats flooding into the camp. I heart dropped to my stomach and I dropped the buckets onto the floor before I raced off. I started hearing gunshots and even more screams. While I was running and trying to find a place to hide, I found Charlotte hiding behind some barrels crying.

We both ran off into the forest where we were sure we would be able to hide without anyone spotting us. I held onto Charlotte and she held onto me as we waited to hear the sounds of gunshots end, but they didn't. They kept going and going for what seemed like hours. And after about and hour, there were no more gunshots. I slowly stood up and could feel myself trembling.

"S-should we go back?" Charlotte asked. I nodded, "Yes, lets go back." We walked back to camp and the moment I walked into the camp, I felt arms wrap around me and tightly pull me into a group hug. "Thank goodness you're safe!" I heard the familiar voice of John speak. After the boys let go of me, they kept going on and on about how awesome they were.

"You guys, I would love to hear your story but I have to go back to the hospital." I told them. The nodded, "We understand mom amie, I can tell you about how great moi was some other time!" Lafayette exclaimed.

I raced off towards the hospital and opened the door. I saw all the nurses scurrying around trying to help as many soldiers as they possibly could. As my eyes wandered around the room, my eyes landed on a familiar face. My heart dropped as I saw Alex lying in one of the bed.