♗ Six ♗

Y/n POV:

It was yet another cold day in Valley Forge and I was growing sick of this camp. I couldn't stand seeing Alexander look at another girl the way I wished he would look at me.  I was growing more and more tired of this place as the days rolled on by and I just wanted to go home and be with my sister and my parents. I was actually to the point where I was going to do that but pushed aside the idea and decided to wait for a little bit longer before I decided, thought the idea came back and I wanted to do it.

It was an early morning when I was speaking to a nurse about wanting to leave. "I know how you feel, you're homesick, another nurse went home a few days ago and she told me all she did was speak to General Washington." She told me. I nodded, "Yeah, I might just do that..." I responded. "We'll miss having you around here if you do, you've been such a great help." She told me and gave me a small smile. Suddenly I heard her name being called, "I have to go, I'll see you later." She said before walking away.

I sighed and sat down on one of the beds that were not being used. I looked at the floor and thought about what to do. I had wanted to be a nurse in the war for such a long time but I just want to go home now. I didn't want to leave my friends though, and what if I would never see Alex ever again? Even though I hated seeing him with another girl, I didn't want to not see him ever again.

I kept thinking and thinking until I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Sally walking in, she walked right past me like I didn't even exist. I stood up, I knew what I wanted to do, I wanted to go home. I rushed out of the hospital and in my head began thinking about what I was going to say to the general when I was going to speak with him.

(Later...)

I did it, I told him I was going home. I thanked him for giving me the opportunity of being able to work as a nurse but I didn't feel like the job suited me. He understood and said I could go home whenever I wanted. Now I was looking for John, Hercules, and Lafayette to tell them that I was going home. When I found them, they were all seated around a small fire with Alexander. Lafayette looked up and smiled. "Bonjour mon ami!" He said.

"Guys, I have to tell you something," I said a bit quietly. They all looked up at me, even Alex did and he had been ignoring me for almost a week now. "I'm....I'm going home...." I told them no one said a word. Suddenly Hercules stood up, "B-but you can't go home!" He exclaimed. I shook my head, "I've already made my decision, I'm going home." I said. No one bothered to argue with me about it because they knew I wouldn't change my mind. "I'll be leaving Friday..." I told them before turning around to walk away.

As I was walking back to the hospital, I felt someone grab my arm and lead me in between some tents. "Hey! What's your-" I stopped myself when I realized who it was. "So you're just going to leave and not say anything to me?!" Alex angrily. I sighed "Hamilton I'm not the one who didn't say anything to you, you were the one who didn't say anything me to." I replied.

"Well, maybe I didn't talk to you because you stopped talking to me!"

"I didn't stop talking to you! You were the one to ignore me once you met Sally!"

"So are you saying this is Sally's fault?"

"Maybe I am!"

"Well, you know what, leave for all I care. I'll probably be happier when you do!" Alexander said before storming off. I was on the verge of tears, "Don't cry Y/n, don't cry...' I thought in my head. I quickly walked away back to the hospital where I began packing my things. 'I'm leaving tomorrow, I don't care if I never see Alex again! It'll probably be better off that way!' I thought in my mind as I continued to pack my things.

A/n:

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter! A quick reminder to check out my poll that is asking y'all what story you would like to see next! The link is in my bio! Thanks for reading!