Versus the Mountain

Start from the beginning

"There he is!" One shouted.

"After him!" The other one ordered.

The voice faded away and their footsteps became faint. Leo leaned against the wall, waiting. The two babies got frightened and began to cry.

Leo walked out from the behind the wall and shushed the children. "Shh. It's okay. It's okay. Don't cry."

Leo looked at Ryan, who's eyes light up a aqua blue. The lights around them shirt circuited and go out.

The baby girl, known as Veronica, reached out towards a box. Leo noticed this, but was still in shock by Ryan's unique power.

The box slowly left the ground and into midair. It floated for a few moments before it fell to the ground.

"Wow." Leo breathed out, "I know you two had powers, but wow. You are two special kids, Ryan and Veronica."

Veronica stared up at the mysterious man, and gave him a toothless smile.

-Back to the Present-

I was at school today and was standing by my locker. I took out my science book, and accidentally dropped it.

I groaned and bent down to pick it up. I blushed from embarrassment, glad nobody cared that I dropped my book.

"Here, let me." A British accent rung in my ears.

A hand appeared in my vision and carefully picked up my books in the person's arms.

I lifted my head up and saw a very attractive boy, who looked around the age of 15 or 16. He had blonde hair that was in a quiff and had dark brown eyes. He had a nice smile, his skin was white, but looked soft. Wow, he was gorgeous.

Veronica! You have a gorgeous boyfriend, shut up!

"Oh, uh, thank you." I blushed, as I stood up. Mentally thanking myself that I have dark skin

"No problem, I'd always help out a pretty girl." He flashed me a smile, which caused me to giggle. The accent was killing me, it's so soothing to hear

Veronica, what are you doing? You're dating Ryan.

The boy stood up completely and handed me my science book.

I head to lean my head back a bit to view his face. He was tall, he seemed to be about 5'10ish.

"I'm Zachary by the way." He introduced himself by putting his hand out.

"I'm Veronica." I grinned, shaking his hand. His hands were much bigger then mine, but were soft and smooth.

I watched as he lifted my hand up and kissed my knuckles tenderly.

"Lovely to make your acquaintance, Veronica." He greeted, and I blushed, putting a piece of hair behind my hair.

"You too, Zachary." I stuttered, which made his chuckle.

I never get this nervous around anyone, not even Ryan. What is happening?

---