~5~

"Sam I'm hungry," their stomachs growled as loud as a lion.

"Don't worry, we just have to wait a little bit longer, he said, he will come," he sat down beside her sister but still keep his gaze on the entrance of the forest. He promised.

"Seeing as he is not here yet, we can play a game," she jumped up and smiled at him.

"Let's go exploring in the forest," as soon as those words left her mouth Samuel's heartbeat stopped.

"No, Maggie listen to me, the man warned us not to go into the forest..."

"He said that we couldn't go in during the night," she walked towards the entrance of the woods but was stopped immediately by his brother.

"There are dangerous things inside the forest that aren't friendly, and-" she was gone. "Maggie, Maggie" he had to go after her, and so he did.

As he searched for her sister, the act of bravery from a second ago had left his body so fast, that he didn't even remember what he was doing.

"BOO"

"AHHAHHHH." He turned around to see the source of the giggling sound. "Never do that again."

"I'm sorry," the little girl said, while another growled came from her stomach.

"We should find something to eat," he stretched his hand out in front of her sister. She took it and started to drag his brother to a particular direction.

"I found this," she pointed to what looked like a bush of berries.

"Maggie, you found blueberries," she smiled at him as she started plucking some and putting them in her pockets.

"With this, we can bake a pie, just like mum did," she exclaimed. They plucked until their pockets were full and found their way to the small clearance.

They ate until nothing was left and decided to call it a night.