018 - Finding Ji Eun

Ji Eun took a seat on one of the chairs in the balcony and watched a line of soft, white clouds rise like foam at the edge of the horizon. She sighed deeply and pursed her lips when she heard the door opened, making her head turned into that direction. Chanyeol walked towards her with a bottled water and settled himself on one of the stairs of the balcony. "Hey,"

"Hey," Ji Eun murmured with a tired face as if there's something going on inside her.

Chanyeol glanced at her and saw dreariness basked on her face, making him twitch his eyebrow.

"What's with the sad face?"

Ji Eun heaved her shoulders and stood up, settling herself beside Chanyeol. "I'm just...thinking I guess."

Chanyeol shrugged and took a sip from the bottle. "Thinking what?"

She propped up her knees and wrapped her arms around it. "About Luhan..."

Hearing her response, Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he scratched his head. "Luhan...Luhan...does your mind only knows his name?"

Ji Eun glared at him. "Whatever..."

He sighed and looked at the flowers swaying with the wind. "Why are you thinking about him?"

She shrugged before making a reply. "I don't know...it's just that I've never talk with him properly ever since I became his classmate. It seems like he became so far even though he's just beside me."

"Maybe you stink that's why he doesn't want to talk with you." Chanyeol teased, earning a slap on the shoulder from Ji Eun. "Ow!"

"I'm not in the mood for jokes right now!" Ji Eun shouted as she rolled her eyes.

Chanyeol rubbed his shoulders and didn't give a reply.

"Actually, he started to become so far to me since I confessed. I don't know what he feels for me because he's so hard to understand...I'm confused." She said with a sigh.

Hearing her words, Chanyeol remembered what Luhan told him and it scared him if he would tell it to Ji Eun. "Maybe...he doesn't like you."

Ji Eun bit her lower lip as she heard his reply. "No! Of course he likes me!"

"Really? What makes you say that?" Chanyeol questioned with a hint of a challenging tone.

"I don't know. Ugh what kind of a question is that?!" Ji Eun sneered.

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in frustration. "See? You don't know."

Ji Eun quieted and didn't even bother to reply.

"Don't be a slave of your own feelings because sometimes, things don't go the way you want them to." Chanyeol said with a sigh.

Ji Eun looked at him with a furrowed brow. "What makes you say that then?"

"I've been into a relationship remember?" He said in a matter of fact tone. There's a part of him that was surprised because for the first time, he thinks that his relationship with Minah is no big deal. But of course, a larger part of him wasn't still cured from the hurt he earned from loving her.

"Yeah I remember but that doesn't mean that my story with Luhan will be like yours." Ji Eun pointed out, trying to defend herself.

"Whatever Ji Eun, but I tell you, don't get yourself so attached to a person you like because in the end, you'll be hurt. The more you attached yourself to someone, the more you'll be hurt."

Chanyeol said.

"It's kind of dangerous too because you're not sure if your feelings are the same as Luhan." He added.