009 - Ice creams

When the three of them got home, Chanyeol and Suzy both went to their own rooms while Ji Eun went in the kitchen to talk to Soo Ri.

"Auntie?"

Soo Ri was stirring the batter when she saw Ji Eun leaning her back against the door.

"Mmm?"

Ji Eun sighed when she did circles using her feet. "I failed my mission today."

Soo ri stopped her hand from stirring when she looked at Ji Eun with a blank face. "What happened?"

"I intentionally spilled my water on Chohee's uniform. I lied." She said.

She worriedly looked at Ji Eun.

Ji Eun blinked a few times to stop her tears from falling out and sighed heavily. "It's just that...I can't do it. It's hard auntie. I want to go back please..."

Soo Ri heaved her shoulders and removed her apron, she beckoned Ji Eun to come with her in the garden. "What're we doing here auntie?" Ji Eun asked with a furrowed brow.

"I want to show you something." Soo Ri replied.

And there, Ji Eun saw an odd wilted flower planted on the soil. "A lonely flower?"

Soo Ri nodded and they propped their knees together and studied it. "It's not just a flower Ji Eun."

Ji Eun pursed her lips and looked at Soo Ri. "What is it then?"

"If this flower is wilted, it means that you're still not changing but when the time comes for it to bloom, you can come back."

She widened her eyes and disappointment flooded her when she looked at its brown petals.

"Will it take long for this to bloom?" She seriously asked.

Soo Ri heaved her shoulders and stood up. "It depends on you..."

Soo Ri gave her a pat on the shoulder and went back inside, leaving Ji Eun who's just staring at the wilted flower. Ji Eun remembered the words of Juniel to her that she needs to make sure that she'll come back. She misses her like how a mouse loves its cheese. All she wants to do right now is to escape this exotic and foreign world and be with her family but it's beyond the impossible now with that attitude of hers. Tears fell from her eyes as she cursed herself for being a stubborn girl whose friends are catastrophe and disaster. Why can't she just be a normal typical girl just like her sister? Why does she have to be the bad one that ruin the days of people? This is not the nature that she wanted. Well, she loved it when she was a kid but when time passed by, her eyes welcomed reality.

She buried her head on her arms and started to cry, knowing that her sister won't be there to wipe her tears away.

Chanyeol just finished drinking a glass of water when Ji Eun came back. He saw her with puffy cheeks and red eyes, wiping her face using her hand.

She went towards the faucet and washed her face while Chanyeol studied her. "Hey, what's with the sad face?"

Ji Eun sniffed but gave a reply to Chanyeol that's not really an answer to his question. "Can you give me a glass of water?"

"Please..." She added, remembering her conversation with Chanyeol a few days ago when he answered her homework.

Without hesitation, Chanyeol reached for a glass and poured in some water before giving it to Ji Eun.

"Here," He said.

Ji Eun turned around to get it and when she did that, Chanyeol had enough sense to realize that she actually cried judging by how red her eyes were and Ji Eun even washed her face, trying to hide how weak she is.